I wanted to participate in “what-if” week but I couldn’t think of any scenarios that didn’t depress me. That is until I went the other direction and thought about potential scenarios where we could make a future super Hawkeye by matching up some current and former Hawkeye greats.
This is not an attempt to be Cupid and I realize that many of these athletes already have significant others but just play along.
The match-up that really got me thinking about this topic is what would happen if Luka Garza and Megan Gustafson produced the best traditional big man (or woman) in basketball history? You don’t think that Frank Garza doesn’t already have a 30-step manual ready for his first grandchild? This baby would be doing the Mikan drill on a Little Tikes hoop at age two.
With the success of super center committing to Iowa in 2037, let’s look at some other incredible future Hawkeye babies.
- Laulauga Tausaga and A.J. Epenesa combine to produce a future Hawkeye and Olympic gold medal winning discus thrower.
- Spencer Lee and gymnast Lauren Guerin producing a wrestling gymnast like the world has never seen before.
- Joe Wieskamp and Makenzie Meyer producing a three-point sniper. In homage to @Super70sSports guy, “hang on, being told that may actually happen”.
The list could go on and on but what if we take this “what-if” to another level and do some more non-traditional match-ups?
- 6’3” basketball player Monkia Czinano and 5’5” wrestler Pat Lugo.
- Power football lineman Alaric Jackson and golfer Jacquelyn Galloway. Would this offspring be able to combine the power and finesse of both sports?
That’s it for me. Vote on which future Hawkeye you would prefer or let us know if you have some better ideas in the comments below.
Which future Hawkeye should get the first scholarship offer?
This poll is closed
Garza - Gusatfson
Tausaga - Epenesa
Lee - Guerin
Meyer - Wieskamp
Czinano - Lugo
Jackson - Galloway