The Hawkeyes’ hypothetical run in the FanPulse NCAA Tournament has come to an end.
Iowa basketball saw a loss to Oregon in the Round of 32 by just 4% of votes — 4%!
Let’s say this matchup happens in reality. I firmly believe Iowa takes down Oregon.
Oh well. One more thing to complain about, I guess?
Iowa entered its matchup with Oregon off the heels of a convincing win against Liberty in the opening round.
Anyway, there were not upsets in this round of voting. No higher seeds won their games.
Here’s a look at the Sweet 16 matchups:
- No. 1 Kansas vs. No. 4 Seton Hall
- No. 2 Kentucky vs. No. 3 Maryland
- No. 1 Gonzaga vs. No. 4 Oregon
- No. 2 San Diego State vs. No. 3 Duke
- No. 1 Baylor vs. No. 4 Wisconsin
- No. 2 Florida State vs. No. 3 Villanova
- No. 1 Dayton vs. No. 4 Louisville
- No. 2 Creighton vs. No. 3 Michigan State
If one of the No. 1 seeds fall, my guess is it’ll be Dayton. NOT because of the Luka Garza slander the fanbase continues to churn out, but because it faces a tough Louisville team.
For what it’s worth, I would also predict upsets with Michigan State and Duke winning.
Disagree with the outcome of Iowa’s game? Let us know why in the comments.