Iowa (22-5, 13-3) moved up to #18 in the AP rankings this week and finishes off the regular season portion of their conference schedule this week as they host Minnesota (15-12, 5-11) tonight and then travels to play Rutgers on Sunday (19-8, 9-6). Today’s game will be on BTN+ while the game on Sunday will be on BTN.
Thursday, February 27: Iowa vs. Minnesota @ Carver-Hawkeye, 6:30 p.m. (CST), BTN+
Sunday, March 1: Iowa vs. Rutgers @ New Brunswick, NJ, 11:00 a.m. (CST), BTN
Minnesota scouting report from hawkeyesports.com.
- Minnesota is 15-12 overall and 5-11 in Big Ten Conference action on a four-game drought.
- Four Gophers average double-figure scoring, including freshman guard Jasmine Powell (12.0), senior forward Taiye Bello (12.0), freshman guard Sara Scalia (11.0), and redshirt junior guard Gadiva Hubbard (10.9).
- Taiye Bello leads the big ten in total rebounds (253) and rebounds per game (9.7) and ranks second in offensive rebounds per game (4.0) and double doubles (11)
- Minnesota has held its opponents to 66.3 points per game.
- As a team, Minnesota is leading the Big Ten in free-throw percentage (75.6) and ranks second in fewest turnovers (361) and turnovers per game (13.4).
- Nationally, the Gophers rank in the top 25 in 3-point percentage (36.2) — a mark that ranks third in the Big Ten.
- Rutgers is coached by former Iowa coach Vivian Stringer. Stringer has 1,038 victories in her career, fifth all-time.
- In Rutgers last victory over Ohio State, junior guard Arella Guirantes scored a career high 36 points including the game winner. Guirantes averages 19.9 points per game.
Last Week’s Results
Iowa 100, Penn State 57
For the fourth time this season the Hawkeyes reached the 100 point mark. Twelve different players scored in the rout over Penn State led by sophomore Monika Czinano who had 23 points. The Iowa bench outscored their Penn State counterparts 42-3. It was Iowa’s 35th straight home victory.
Season Stats Leader
Points Per Game: Kathleen Doyle (18.4)
Three Pointers Made: Makenzie Meyer (67)
Field Goal % (min 75% games played): Monika Czinano (70.2%)
Free Throw % (min 75% games played): Tomi Taiwo (90.0%), Makenzie Meyer (83.7%)
Rebounds Per Game: Amanda Ollinger (8.7)
Assists: Kathleen Doyle (172)
Steals: Kathleen Doyle (45)
Blocks: Amanda Ollinger (53)