#19 Iowa (21-5, 12-3) continues their conference schedule today as they host Penn State (7-19, 1-14). Today’s game will be on BTN+. Iowa remains one game back of conference leaders Maryland and Northwestern with three games remaining for Iowa and Northwestern and only two for Maryland.
Saturday, February 22: Iowa vs. Penn State @ Carver-Hawkeye, 2:00 p.m. (CST), BTN+
Penn State scouting report from hawkeyesports.com.
- Penn State is 7-19 overall and 1-14 in Big Ten Conference action, dropping its last 11 contests. Its sole Big Ten win of the season was against Michigan State, 86-73.
- Two Nittany Lions average double-figure scoring, including junior guard Kamaria McDaniel (19.5) and senior guard Siyeh Frazier (12.3).
- McDaniel is leading the Big Ten in points per game (19.5), free throws made (131), free throws attempted (177), and total points (507). The junior ranks second in the league for field goal attempts (430) and third in field goals made (170).
- Frazier leads Penn State with 57 total steals and averages 2.2 steals per game and ranks third in the Big Ten.
- Frazier, sophomore forward Lauren Ebo, and junior forward Alisia Smith lead the Nittany Lions with 5.3 rebounds per game.
- As a team, Penn State is third in the Big Ten in free throws made (364) and free-throw percentage (73.4). The Nittany Lions ranks 29th and 70th nationally in these categories, respectively.
- Penn State’s opponents have outscored them, 73.9-66.6.
Last Week’s Results
Iowa 59, #10 Maryland 93
In a battle for first place, Iowa was taken to the woodshed by Maryland. A tough press helped force Iowa into 27 turnovers and the game was never close as Maryland was up 48-23 at halftime. Momma always said there’d be days like this. Sophomore Monika Czinano led Iowa with 15 points.
Iowa 97, Wisconsin 71
A trip back home was all Iowa needed to get back in the win column as they easily handled Wisconsin 97-71. Senior Kathleen Doyle led the way for Iowa with 22 points. Speaking of home, freshman McKenna Warnock is a Wisconsin native and had a big day against the Badgers as she score 20 points including four three-pointers.
Season Stats Leader
Points Per Game: Kathleen Doyle (18.5)
Three Pointers Made: Makenzie Meyer (65)
Field Goal % (min 75% games played): Monika Czinano (70.2%)
Free Throw % (min 75% games played): Tomi Taiwo (87.5%), Makenzie Meyer (83.7%)
Rebounds Per Game: Amanda Ollinger (8.8)
Assists: Kathleen Doyle (165)
Steals: Kathleen Doyle (44)
Blocks: Amanda Ollinger (49)