#20 Iowa (20-4, 11-2) continues their conference schedule this week as they travel to #10 Maryland (20-4, 11-2) tonight and then back home to host Wisconsin (11-13, 3-10) on Sunday. Tonight’s game will be on BTN while the Sunday game will be on BTN+. Iowa is tied at the top of the conference standings with Maryland while Northwestern is a half game back.
Thursday, February 13: Iowa at Maryland @ College Park, MD, 5:00 p.m. (CST), BTN
Sunday, February 16: Iowa vs. Wisconsin @ Carver-Hawkeye, 2:00 p.m. (CST), BTN+
Maryland scouting report from hawkeyesports.com.
- Maryland (20-4, 11-2) is tied for first in the Big Ten with Iowa, winning nine consecutive games after dropping its last contest to the Hawkeyes.
- The Terps are ranked No. 10 on the AP Poll and USA Today/WBCA Coaches Poll.
- Maryland is 12-1 in Xfinity Center this season, losing to South Carolina, 63-54.
- Five Terps are averaging double-figure scoring, including senior guard Kaila Charles (14.9), freshman guard Ashley Owusu (11.5), sophomore forward Shakira Austin (11.3), sophomore guard Taylor Mikesell (10.8), and senior forward Stephanie Jones (10.1).
- The Terps have held opponents to 54.9 points per game, while scoring 81.5 points to lead the Big Ten in scoring margin (24.3) and rank fifth in the country.
- Charles and Austin lead the Terps in rebounds with 7.8 and 6.4 rebounds, respectively.
- As a team, Maryland is leading the Big Ten in 10 categories — steals (300), steals per game (12.5), scoring margin (24.3), turnovers forced (22.13), scoring offense (81.5), turnover margin (7.04), offensive rebounds per game (15.5), rebounds (993), rebound margin (7.9), and rebounds per game (41.38).
- Nationally, the Terps rank in the top 15 in seven categories, including third in steals (195) and steals per game (13.9), fifth in scoring margin (28.6), sixth in turnovers forced (24.21), eighth in scoring offense (83.4), ninth in turnover margin (9.07), and 14th in offensive rebounds per game (15.5).
Last Week’s Results
Iowa 76, Nebraska 60
Iowa earned its 33rd straight home win as they defeated Nebraska to end their one game losing “streak”. Sophomore Monika Czinano led the way with 23 points as she looks to return to her performance levels that she had pre-ankle injury. Senior Kathleen Doyle had 15 points but an even more incredible 15 assists which set a school record. Fellow senior Amanda Ollinger also had a double-double as she had 11 points and 13 rebounds.
Iowa 83, Purdue 71
Iowa spread the wealth as three players scored at least 20 points in the road victory. Iowa shot 59% from the field and Senior guards Makenzie Meyer and Kathleen Doyle each scored 22 points to lead the Hawkeyes. Sophomore Monika Czinano scored 20 points as she made 10 of her 11 field goal attempts.
Season Stats Leader
Points Per Game: Kathleen Doyle (18.7)
Three Pointers Made: Makenzie Meyer (60)
Field Goal % (min 75% games played): Monika Czinano (69.2%)
Free Throw % (min 75% games played): Makenzie Meyer (83.3%)
Rebounds Per Game: Amanda Ollinger (8.9)
Assists: Kathleen Doyle (157)
Steals: Kathleen Doyle (39)
Blocks: Amanda Ollinger (47)