On this weeks episode of SpoCo Radio, the boys get you more than ready for the Big Ten college football season, Week 1 storylines and spreads and of course the Iowa Hawkeyes home opener under the lights against Miami of Ohio.
We also touch a little bit on...
- How our expectations would change in regards to the Hawkeyes season if Noah Fant, TJ Hockenson, Amani Hooker or Anthony Nelson would have stayed on campus for their senior year.
- Our Tweet length preview for the Big Ten Conference season
- We finish some sentences about Justin Fields, Pat Fitzgerald (things are going to be rough), Nebraska and of course, Jim Harbaugh
- We discuss who the true contender(s) are in the Big Ten (I think you’ll all love my answer more than “the Daves”
- Play “Love it or Leave It” with some of the Big Ten spreads
- Predict the Plot for the Miami of Ohio game and what would make us worry
- Oh, and at the very end of the podcast, I provide you all with a Pre-Game Speech that would make Eric Taylor run through a brick wall.
I’m being serious... I spent way too much time on the beach on Sunday coming up with the prefect words to get everyone jacked up and ready to go for Saturday.
Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Hawks Don’t Lose.
Make sure you all subscribe, download, listen and share the show with your Hawkeye loving friends. Leave us a review in iTunes (best reviews will get read at some point in the foreseeable future).
And please, please, please make sure you hit us up on Twitter @davecreagh, @ChiPeoplesChamp, @JerryScherwin... we’re here for your Iowa loving pleasure.
We also have our voicemail line set up and ready to go for all for Saturday before, during and after the game. You can reach us at 224-661-0909 at any time day and night.
All the X’s and O’s.
For the technologically challenged, here are direct links to the Black Heart Gold Pants feed on the major podcast platforms.