Do you love the Hawkeyes and the community we’ve built here at Black Heart Gold Pants? If so, we’ve got an opportunity for you.
Black Heart Gold Pants is hiring its next site manager. Keep reading to see if you might be the perfect fit.
What does the role entail?
This is a part-time, remote contract role compensated with a monthly stipend. The site manager will be responsible for:
- Making sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Manage the site’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of contributors that cover Hawkeyes sports and news on the site.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management over site goals, traffic, and progress.
What qualifications should you have?
- Have a passion for the Hawkeyes and news and is already familiar with Black Heart Gold Pants.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
How do you apply?
To apply, please submit a resume detailing any previous writing and/or management experience, a cover letter explaining why you’re the best person to fill this role, and a sports-related writing sample. All items should be submitted through the listing on our Vox Media careers page. You must submit all three items to be considered for this opportunity.
If you have questions about the role, the application process, or SB Nation and Black Heart Gold Pants in general, reach out to Jeanna Thomas. Senior Talent Manager for Team Brands, at email@example.com.
Vox Media, SB Nation, and Black Heart Gold Pants are committed to bringing you quality coverage of the Hawkeyes from a diverse array of voices and perspectives. If your background and experience do not perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the ability to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.