Iowa football capitalized on Iowa basketball’s recent loss by releasing its annual CJ Beathard Spring Two-Deeps (R) Monday afternoon, and well, here ya go!
Spring football is here, and with it comes a new two-deep. Coach Ferentz meets the media in 20 minutes. #Hawkeyes #FightForIowa pic.twitter.com/UAZBEIE83Q— IowaFBLive (@IowaFBLive) March 26, 2019
Finally AJ Epenesa is a starter! My third cousin Brady Ross is BACK. How ya doin, Drew Cook?
Here’s what jumped out at me:
- No Daviyon Nixon on the two-deeps, but apparently he’s with the team, and will compete.
- It’s pretty eyebrow-raising Iowa got itself a grad transfer punter only to still trot out Ryan Gersonde and Colten Rastetter. Whatever.
- I believe this is the first time we’ve had both Paulsen’s listed as starters?
- Peyton Mansell has managed to not lose the backup QB spot.
- Let’s keep an eye on Kaevon Merriweather at strong safety. If you recall, the true sophomore didn’t have a single offer to play football besides the one from Iowa. He was expected to play basketball at Western Michigan, but Phil Parker came calling, and Merriweather answered. He didn’t even have a Rival’s football profile when he committed.
- Having a 54-lb weight difference between your starting and backup right tackle is ... interesting.
- Hello Tyrone Tracy!
- And in the least surprising news of all time, a Doyle has cracked the two-deeps after spending one year on campus.
Anything else jump out?