- #3 Spencer Lee vs #5 Jack Mueller (UVA)
Winner goes for 3rd. Loser goes for 5th:
- #6 Kaleb Young vs #4 Alec Pantaleo (MICH)
- #7 Austin DeSanto vs #5 Luke Pletcher (OHST)
Going for 7th place:
- #10 Pat Lugo vs #8 Jarrett Degen (ISU)
- # 1 Alex Marinelli vs #11 Bryce Steiert (UNI)
- #5 Jacob Warner vs #9 Benjamin Honis (COL)
- Penn State 120.5
- Ohio State 88.5
- Oklahoma State 73.5
- Iowa 68.0
- Missouri 54.0
It’s a bit of a mixed bag so far for our Hawks. Spencer Lee, Austin DeSanto, Pat Lugo and Kaleb Young all have all wrestled above their seed.
Alex Marinelli and Jacob Warner have completely fallen apart. I think the gauntlet of facing an AA every round eventually tanked Alex, but if he wants to be the best then he needs to beat the best. He didn’t.
Warner flatlined. Not sure what else to say. He was beating Hokit 4-2 at one point. Down 4-5 in the 3rd and he failed to attack. He had a minute left and felt content to stalk, like that was going to magically score him a point. He seemed more interested in forcing a stall call to tie it up. If he wanted that, then non-stop attacking would’ve helped.
Needless to say, there’s still a lot of team points left on the board. We can crawl ourselves back into 3rd, but it’s going to be tough.
Opponent: NCAA Tournament
- Medal Round 10:00AM CT // Saturday, March 23, 2019
- FINALS 6:00PM CT // Saturday, March 23, 2019
All sessions, all mats, all matches will be broadcast on ESPN.
All morning sessions will be on ESPNU followed by evening sessions on ESPN.
Location: PPG Points Arena // Pittsburgh, PA
TV/ Online: ESPN // WatchESPN
Play nice in the comments, please! GO HAWKS!!!