With all the animosity between groups out there, and no I’m not talking Democrats and Republicans, I wanted to try something out where everyone is always correct.
On Fridays, I will throw out a topic asking for your top five in whatever the conversation is that week. I’ll give my opinion and then read your choices in the comment section. We’ll keep this going as long as there is some participation.
As these are your (or my) opinions, we can’t be wrong so just have fun with the topic.
The first week was a success as people discussed their favorite Hawkeye basketball players of their lifetime.
Five for Friday
This week, with Christmas being less than two weeks away, I thought we should talk about potential gifts for the Hawkeye fan in your life (or for yourself if you’re so inclined). None of the links to gifts are sponsors of BHGP and were just found through an internet search, make sure to shop around for the best deals.
For those looking for a gift for a treasured BHGP writer, I love the Hawk logo on hats or shirts!
My Five for Friday
- Tickets to Hawkeye events are always treasured. This year, get that loved one either a trip to San Diego to watch Iowa play USC on December 27th or else get them a trip to Minneapolis from March 19-21 to watch Iowa go for their first wrestling national title in ten years.
- An Iowa Hawkeye hockey jersey always looks sharp on men or women. I saw one at a Blues game once that was camouflage with the Tiger Hawk logo. I couldn’t find a good image of it though so went with the one below.
- Accouterments for the office or home are always appreciated.
- Baby clothes for the expecting mother would be the hit of the holidays. The onesie below would certainly start the child off on the right side of the Iowa rivalry.
- Subscription services for the Hawkeye fan so that they can watch all sports would be a welcome gift as well. With the release of the new Disney+, there is a bundle for $12.99/mo that includes Hulu and Espn+. There are also specialized packages you could get like Big Ten+, Flowrestling, or The Athletic.
Whatever your plans for the holidays, make sure to include the Hawkeyes in them.
There you have it, five gift ideas from me. Let me know what you think and what has been your favorite Hawkeye gift in the past or what you plan on giving/getting this year.