Iowa (7-8, 1-3) continues their Big Ten season this weekend as they host Michigan (11-3, 4-0) on Friday night and then Michigan State (11-3, 2-2) on Sunday. The match against Michigan will be their annual Dig Pink match in support of breast cancer. If you can make either match, they would love to see you at Carver.
Last week Iowa fell to two top ten teams as they lost to #7 Minnesota at home three sets to one and then dropped three straight sets to #5 Penn State on the road.
Junior OH Griere Hughes took over the team lead with 164 kills on 356 total attempts (.312 hitting percentage). Sophomore OH Courtney Buzzerio is close behind with 159 kills.
Junior DS Halle Johnston is leading the team with 246 digs.
Sophomore MB Amiya Jones has 39 blocks to lead the squad. Sophomore Hannah Clayton is close behind with 37 total blocks.
Friday, October 11: Iowa vs. Michigan at 7 pm
- Friday’s match is Iowa’s pink match. The Hawkeyes will wear pink for breast cancer awareness. The first 1,000 fans to arrive for Friday’s match will receive a pink glowstick.
Sunday, October 13: Iowa vs. Michigan State at 1 pm
- Sunday is Sundaes on Sunday. Fans can purchase a Carver Cone for $1.
Following the conclusion of each match, the Hawkeyes will sign autographs for fans on the court.
HOW TO FOLLOW ALONG
- Live stats for each contest are linked on the team’s schedule page or on hawkeyesports.com/vblive.
- A live stream of this weekend’s matches are available on BTN+ or FloVolleyball (subscriptions required).
- Live audio of this weekend’s matches are available on Hawkeye All-Access ($) with John Evans on the call.