Iowa had the past week off to hit reset button on itself for its first road game of the season as the Hawkeyes travel to Kinnick North in Minneapolis.
In standard fashion, the team released two-deeps for the game on Monday. There was a shakeup here and there.
- Nick Niemann is out a couple weeks at OLB, so it looks like Barrington Wade is filling in there.
- This is the first time we’ve seen Riley Moss on the two-deeps. It looks like he’s neck-and-neck with Josh Turner for time behind Michael Ojemudia.
- Cole Banwart returns to the depth chart, and it looks like a Paulsen is backing up one less position on the offensive line.
- Kristian Welch is backing up both the outside linebacker positions. It’s interesting since Minnesota has tended to rely moreso on the run this year, and Djimon Colbert’s strength lies in coverage, but so be it. Welch will still play plenty.
- What did I miss? I’ve been out of the country, so I’m not too familiar with the depth chart these days.