The second week of the NFL season just concluded and it helped cap off what was a pretty miserable weekend (for me, a Hawkeye and Bears fan) with a terrible showing from the Bears on Monday Night Football. Luckily for Iowa, there are no Hawkeyes on the Bears (who are currently playing), which means that things had to go better for the Hawks in the NFL this week, right?? Let’s find out:
- Chad Greenway had one tackle and an assisted tackle for the Vikings in their victory over the Green Bay Packers. It was their first victory against the Packers in their first game in any stadium (including the Metrodome and TCF Bank), so they had that going for them this weekend. Greenway tweeted this out after the game:
Seems like this one meant a lot to him.
- On the other side of the coin, the Packers had Micah Hyde, who recorded two tackles for Green Bay in the game. They also employ DL Mike Daniels, who absolutely terrorized the Vikings in this one to the tune of three tackles and a sack. Mike Diesel is a helluva NFL player.
- The Cleveland Browns lost to the Baltimore Ravens, but Christian Kirksey had himself a pretty good day, recording five tackles for the Browns.
- The guy he played next to for a while at Iowa, Anthony Hitchens, recorded three tackles for the Dallas Cowboys in their win over that team from Washington.
- Karl Klug had a really good day for the Titans, as he recorded three tackles and a sack (just like Daniels) in their victory over the Detroit Lions. NFC North teams went 1-3 this weekend. Woof.
- Adrian Clayborn had two tackles for the Atlanta Falcons this weekend, while teammate Jonathan Babineaux did not have any.
- The Polish Hat C.J. Fiedorowicz had one catch for one yard this weekend. That’s, uh, an unusual stat line in my expert opinion...
Once again, stats for linemen aren’t really something people post. If you’ve got a good Hawk in the NFL lineman stat or fact, put it in the comments. I’ve got one:
- Bryan Bulaga introducing himself on SNF is pretty great. Check out his Twitter mentions - people go crazy over the way he says Iowa. I couldn’t find a video to post of it, but if anyone knows where to get one, they should link to it or post to it. It’s great.