Week 11 was not the greatest of weeks in the NFL, and especially so for the former Iowa players in the NFL. It was a pretty quiet week, with no one really impressing a whole ton. There were a few Iowa alumni on the bye this past weekend, but let’s see who did have an opportunity to impress this week.
- C.J. Fiedorowicz had himself the best day of all the former Iowa players in the NFL in the Texans’ 27-20 loss to the Raiders in Estadio Azteca in Mexico City. Fiedorowicz hauled in six grabs on the day for 82 yards. It’s pretty clear that C.J. is a favorite target of Brock Osweiler as he continues to impress in Houston. He has 35 catches for 387 yards so far this season.
- It was not a very good day for the Green Bay Packers’ defense, as the Packers got palindromed by that team from Washington by a score of 42-24. Mike Daniels got to line up opposite Brandon Scherff a bit in this one and recorded four tackles, one of which was for a loss. Micah Hyde was part of a Green Bay secondary that was feasted upon by Kirk Cousins to the tune of 375 yards and 3 TDs, but Hyde himself had three tackles on the day.
- The Browns are still awful and haven’t won a game, but Christian Kirksey continues to impress at the linebacker position, as he wrapped up nine tackles and deflected a pass in Cleveland’s loss to the Steelers. Kirksey is second in the NFL with 103 tackles this season and is just about the only bright spot on the Browns’ defense.
- For the Cowboys, Anthony Hitchens had a pretty quiet day, only recording three tackles and a QB hit on the day. Hitchens has 42 tackles this season.
- Karl Klug had two tackles for the Titans in their 24-17 loss to the Colts. Tevaun Smith still doesn’t have a catch. :(
- Lastly, Chad Greenway had a tackle for the Vikings in what was a pretty great day overall for Minnesota, who won 30-24 against the Cardinals.