So I’m sure you’ve all heard about the renovation project that Iowa has planned for the north end zone of everyone’s favorite football stadium, right?
Well, today it was approved by the Iowa Board of Regents, so that means that we can finally get (officially) pumped up about the renovations! To make the announcement, the university released this awesome video to get fans excited about the future of historic Kinnick Stadium.
Breaking: UI receives approval for Kinnick Stadium project. Welcome to the Kinnick Edge. https://t.co/AQZo8exzSw https://t.co/rEpzquCItu— The Iowa Hawkeyes (@TheIowaHawkeyes) October 20, 2016
OH BABY. I’m so ready for this. Love all the clips of some pretty exciting plays to happen in recent Kinnick Stadium history, as well as the narration by players and coaches. It doesn’t get any better than that.
A few notes on the renovation project:
- The project will effectively close the gaps that were in the corners of the end zone, with the north end zone seating now being 42% wider
- Women’s restrooms will increase by 200%, while men’s restrooms will increase by 80%.
- There will by 90% more concessions in the north end zone area.
- A new video board will be installed, which is projected to be the same size as the one in the south end zone, as well as a new ribbon board at the bottom of the new fancy club seating
- 1,570 new outdoor club seats, as well as 12 outdoor boxes on the club level, with 712 chair back seats on the upper level of the box seating
Can’t deny it. I’m so ready for this to be a reality, even though I’ll most likely never be able to afford to sit in the cool kid seats.
For more information and a Gary Barta-centric video about the Kinnick Stadium renovation project, go to kinnickedge.org.