We’re back! Haven’t used this feature in a while because the Iowa alumni hadn’t done a whole lot in the previous week of play (especially with the Packers, who have like half of them, it feels like). But this week? There are some notable things to talk about with some of our favorite NFL players, so let’s get down to business.
- First and foremost, the Polish Hat C.J. Fiedorowicz scored a touchdown again! And not just any touchdown, but how about the game-tying touchdown with 49 seconds left in the game?! Yeah, you bet that happened!
Fiedorowicz finished the game as the Texans’ leading receiver, hauling in six catches (on seven targets) for 85 yards and that touchdown. It appears as though him and Brock Osweiler have some sort of growing rapport, and we at the Pants dig that.
- Onto those Packer-Hawks. Mike Daniels and the defense gave up a whole lot of running yards to rookie Ezekiel Elliot and the Cowboys, prompting Daniels to give some pretty blunt quotes after the game, including “We let them come in here and prove that they are who everyone thinks they are, and that's what pisses me off the most.” He also wasn’t very happy about the boos coming out, calling it embarrassing. Daniels finished with only one tackle, but that doesn’t mean he didn’t play well.
- In other Packers news, Micah Hyde had three tackles, while Bryan Bulaga (?!) had one as well.
- Bulaga also exited the game with a back injury, which appeared to be suffered while he attempted to recover an Aaron Rodgers fumble. Mike McCarthy said he believes he’ll be back on Thursday to play the Bears, but on a short week, it’s a tall task depending on the severity of the injury.
- The 2014 class of linebackers had a pretty good day as well. Christian Kirksey of the Cleveland Browns recorded five tackles, including a tackle for a loss against the Tennessee Titans. Anthony Hitchens of the Cowboys had three tackles in his team’s win over the Green Bay Packers.
As for linemen? Well, uh, Brandon Scherff had a false start in a game of Madden that I played yesterday? That counts for something, right? No? Alright.