BEFORE IOWA'S 2105 TEAM HITS THE PRACTICE FIELD. Iowa held it's annual Pro Day for scouts of all NFL teams in Iowa City. Iowa's outgoing seniors worked out in from of scouts and also performed various drills, similar to the NFL Combine. In the past, these sessions have often been closed (and the actual workouts were closed to local media). Iowa did allow local media to tour facilities this year and used their social media sites to inform us of some test results. This post will be heavy with tweet embeds as the results (and some facility images) were shared via Twitter.
Last year, Iowa tweeted out results for all their participants, so expect more over the course of the week. Meanwhile, for a little more scoop, check out Marc Morehouse's recap including video from Brandon Scherff, Carl Davis, Quinton Alston and Andrew Donnal. There's also a recap from the Daily Iowan.
THERE'S PLENTY OF FACILITY PICS TOO.
Scherff said WR Damond Powell threw up a mega-fast 40. Please don't tweet "should've used him more." I already know that. Just an FYI.— marcmorehouse (@marcmorehouse) March 23, 2015
OT Andrew Donnal improved his bench reps from the combine today, going from 17 to 23 (225 pounds as many times as you can).— marcmorehouse (@marcmorehouse) March 23, 2015
Iowa's Marc Weisman is a freak. Should be No. 1 fullback off the board. Huge workout today. He's Kuhn Jr. but more athletic.— Packer Report (@PackerReport) March 24, 2015
FINALLY, ONE FORMER HAWK WORKED FOR PROS ELSEWHERE.
DES MOINES WILL AGAIN BE AN OPEN PRACTICE SITE THIS YEAR.
A FORMER HAWKEYE FOOTBALL COACH IS IN THE NEWS. Former Iowa defensive line coach, Rick Kaczenski (Kaz), was arrested Sunday afternoon and charged with third degree domestic abuse. Kaz was DLine coach under Bo Pelini at Nebraska and was unemployed following Pelini's firing and move to Youngstown State.
- Why 'rookie from Iowa' carries some extra NFL clout
- Two-Star Hawkeye Podcast: 2014-15 Iowa Basketball Review
- 5 questions for the Hawkeyes as spring practices begin
- 2015 Iowa Football Pro Day Photo Gallery
- Now that they're relevant again, Iowa's offseason breeds intrigue
- Brandon Scherff would rather hunt than attend NFL Draft
- 2015 NFL Draft: Lance Zierlein's top 10 defensive linemen
- McCaffery praises Hawkeye squad's close-knit character
- Sweet 16 wait ends for Hawkeye women
- WBBALL: Why Success at Carver Will Continue
- Iowa looks to future with 4 starters, influx of newbies
- Sweet 16 Trip to OKC is OK With the Hawkeyes
- Hawkeyes (14-5) face Braves (16-5) at 3 p.m. (CT) at Banks Field