FERENTZ SPEAKS! We have injury news. Jordan Canzeri and Ike Boettger will be out this week vs. Maryland. Back in the lineup is Tevaun Smith, LeShun Daniels, Jake Duzey and Boone Myers. CJ Beathard isn't quite 100% but he hopes to be by Saturday. Watch the Ferentz press conference recap on Hawkeye sports or read the bullets below.
- Maryland has a dangerous runner at QB
- Boone Myers to LT, Cole Croston to RT and Sean Welsh back to guard
- Ferentz isn't read to say when Canzeri will return
- George Kittle is one of the most improved players on the team
- Ferentz used a lot of math to prove there's a lot of season left yet
- The team had 72 hours to "think big" and now they're back to work
- Beathard had a majority of last week off but he's back working in practice
- Ferentz was again asked about Thursdays off and morning practice, paying off
And there's certainly more.
THE PLAYERS SPOKE TOO. Here's plenty of quotables from the Daily Iowan. Akrum Wadley's mom thinks his fumbling problem is funny.
NOW. It's Iowa Football. It's Star Wars. It's Iowa Football set to Star Wars.
MARYLAND HAS INJURY PROBLEMS TOO. It was a tough physical game with their rival Penn State and it left Maryland a little gimpy up front. A couple of offensive linemen are questionable for Saturday's game.
30,000 TICKETS SOLD.
#ThanksHawks Be @kinnickstadium for this historic event! Tix still available: https://t.co/vAtLQv0Atk #Hawkeyes pic.twitter.com/wow69Y8a9b— The Iowa Hawkeyes (@TheIowaHawkeyes) October 27, 2015
OUR KID CAPTAIN.
This week's #KidCaptain is #Hawkeye tough. #Cysticfibrosis can't stop him. Meet Sean Peck from Tipton, IA! #GoHawks pic.twitter.com/fxuXRTHdOy— UIChildrensHospital (@UIchildrens) October 26, 2015
- Hlas: Hawkeyes trade big picture for tunnel vision
- Craddock expects to be ready for Iowa, plus other Terps injury updates
- How Hawkeyes deal with prosperity will define them
- Hawkeyes see some light at the end of injury tunnel
- Two-Star Hawkeye Podcast: Iowa Hoops w/ Brennan Cougill
- Iowa notes: TV critiques, confident Maryland, trick-or-treating at Kinnick
- Beathard, Hawkeyes work to keep focus, ignore the noise
- Wadley's life right now is a world-shaped ball security drill
- Can Maryland Do the Unthinkable and Beat No. 10 Iowa?