YES, IT'S EARLY. Iowa will head to Madison to take on Wisconsin tonight. Iowa improved to (4-1) in Big Ten play Saturday with the season sweep of Ohio State. There's video highlights and photos of the 76-67 Hawkeye win.
Sure, it's probably too early to talk 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in the conference. Five games is too small a sample. But raise your hand if you had Iowa at (4-1) at this point. Senior Aaron White had a big game in front of his home crowd over the Buckeyes (White was named B1G POtW) . Adam Woodbury had one of his best career games too. It's nice when the team can get multiple Big Ten players of the week and multiple players emerge at different times.
Iowa needs them all to play their best to best Wisconsin at least once in the 11 days. A series split and we can be serious about this first place stuff.
LISA BLUDER'S RANKED TEAM GOT ANOTHER BIG ROAD WIN. And there's also video highlights. The game with Sparty came down to the wire and the teleprompter in a weird way to end a basketball game. It was a poor shooting afternoon for a usually hot shooting Hawkeye squad. Still, defense prevailed in a 52-50 win over Michigan State.
The Hawkeye women are off to a (5-1) conference start and are one game behind (6-0) Maryland and tied with Minnesota for 2nd in the league. Iowa hosts Michigan on Thursday evening and then there's a big match-up January 26th with 16th ranked Nebraska. Iowa has only one game with and it's at Maryland this season. That game is February 1st.
SCHERFF IN A TUX.
We also have video of Scherff receiving his Outland Trophy Award.
CARING GOT REALLY CREEPY OVER THE WEEKEND IN KINNICK. Iowa hosted it's annual "Elite Junior Day" on Sunday. No commits yet from the class of 2016. But, something interesting. Here's a copy of the itinerary if you were curious to how these things work (source).
- Dixon becomes Hawkeyes' quick-shot artist
- Cooler McCaffery, confident Uthoff lead Iowa into Wisconsin showdown
- Andrew Fleming Mixtape @ The Bass Pro Shops TofC
- Uthoff going back to Wisconsin as Hawkeyes' go-to guy
- Future begins today for three Hawkeye recruits
- Frontcourts on display for Hawkeyes, Badgers
- Big Ten Power Rankings: Iowa takes No. 3 spot, behind Wisconsin & Maryland
- Calgary Stampeders ink Drew Tate contract extension
- Woodbury does everything as Hawkeyes sweep
- Aaron White interview on BTN Live
- Hlas: Hawkeyes go full-throttle for full game
- Two-Star Hawkeye Podcast: Iowa Win vs. Ohio State & Wisconsin Preview
- Despite Iowa's fast start, Big Ten race missing buzz
- Oft-maligned Woodbury delivers in clutch