TODAY, WE'LL LOOK BACK AND THEN FORWARD. Thanks to the Holiday weekend, we get a packed INP today. Iowa defeated UNI to start the football season 1-0. This week, they'll host (1-0) Ball State at Kinnick Stadium at 2:30 pm CT. Ferentz will talk Ball State today. First, let's look back and see what he said about the win over Northern Iowa.
THE PLAYERS SPOKE TOO. Marc Morehouse has several videos from the locker room following Iowa's tough game with the Panthers. There's four parts. In part one we hear from Brandon Scherff, Mark Weisman and Derrick Willies. Part II has Greg Mabin, Quinton Alston and Carl Davis. Part III has Bo Bower, Tevaun Smith and Jordan Lomax. Finally, part IV has Kevonte Martin-Manley, Jake Rudock and the band playing "In Heaven there is no beer."
GOOD DAY FOR RUDOCK.
Iowa QBs w/75+% Comp %, 250+ Yds, 2+ TD & 0 INT - Since 1999 Stanzi - '10 vs. Ball State Vandenberg - '11 vs. Indiana Rudock - '14 vs. UNI— Matt Benson (@mbenson6) August 31, 2014
WE HAVE MORE STATS. Again, from Marc Morehouse, dig deeper into Iowa's numbers after one week. He selected Louis Trinca-Pasat as his number one star of the game. Trinca-Pasat earned honors for his 10 tackle performance.
Congrats to DL Louis Trinca-Pasat on earning national defensive linemen honorable mention recognition by CFPA: http://t.co/CTYURkCSWY— Gameday Live (@IowaFBLive) September 1, 2014
MOVING ON TO BALL STATE. Iowa released their two-deeps yesterday. No major changes (at least from what we saw on the field). Say hello to freshman Miles Taylor at safety. Taylor along with Ben Niemann got their feet wet on special teams last week. Also, there's a four man pile-up listed at running back.
ANNOUNCERS FOR THE ESPN2 BROADCAST.
Saturday Iowa-Ball State ESPN2 announcers: Beth Mowins, Joey Galloway, Paul Carcaterra. #Hawkeyes— Gameday Live (@IowaFBLive) September 1, 2014
BE BOLD AND WEAR GOLD. This is one of Iowa's "color" games for fans that attend. Also, Iowa will honor the 1939 Ironmen team of 1939.
BALL STATE WON'T BE SCARED. They're familiar with the Kinnick experience, although, it hasn't been friendly to them. They opened their season with Colgate last Saturday and landed a 30-10 win. For the box score and video highlights check them out here.
FINALLY, WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE NEW HERKY?
Old Herky and New Herky side-by-side. Pretty significant downgrade if you ask me. pic.twitter.com/bKqdz80EcH— Jesse Gavin (@JesseGavin1) August 31, 2014
- Smith Sparks Hawkeyes in 2nd Half
- Podcast: 'On Iowa' reviews UNI game
- Week one Big Ten rewind
- Greg Mabin called his mother the night before the UNI game to calm his nerves
- Wide receivers show the way
- How did we do? Week 1 Big Ten football predictions revisited
- Hawkeyes should work to establish one guy as a featured running back
- Iowa needs to put age-old football adage to work
- Derrick Willies' first catch as Hawkeye was a big one
- Week 1 Big Ten honors, grades, stock reports & more
- Sharing the Fun...and the Football
- What did Tom Dienhart learn about Big Ten in Week 1?
- Panthers more encouraged than crushed by this one
- Quinton Alston explains Iowa's communication issues on defense
- Short gains lead to big plays for Iowa against Northern Iowa
- Hawkeye Sports Iowa-UNI photo gallery
- Iowa-UNI keys and quotes
- Sunday Conversation With Coach Ferentz