SOMETIMES, YOUR HEART IS NOT IN IT. But we have to carry on. Let's get recap-y. Blah, blah, blah. Iowa State rallies for a last second field goal. Iowa loses. Ferentz talks about the loss, his 9th all-time to Iowa State.
THEY EARNED IT.
AFTER THREE WEEKS, WE CAN TALK ABOUT STATS. Iowa returned over 90% of its offensive production from last season. After three games in 2014, the offense has been atrocious. How bad? Let's look at the current NCAA stats:
- 96th in offensive efficiency
- 70th in total offense
- 84th in the nation in rushing offense
- 92nd in yards per game
- 118th in red zone scoring %
- Also, Iowa ranks 58th in the Sagarin rankings with a SOS of 129
OH HEY, THAT TARGETING CALL. Jordan Lomax's penalty and ejection means he'll have to sit the first half against Pitt next Saturday. Neat.
TOUGH NEWS FOR ADRIAN CLAYBORN.
Bad timing for #Bucs DE Adrian Clayborn, who tore his bicep. His 5th-year option was declined, this was a contract year. Now it’s over.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 12, 2014
- What did Tom Dienhart learn about Big Ten in Week 3? Here's what!
- Report card: Iowa State
- Game Report: Iowa State 20, Iowa 17
- Devyn Marble on sandwiches, NBA & Roy's health
- Koehn Connects
- Iowa-Pitt set for ESPNU
- ESPN's bowl projections
- CBS's bowl projections
- Five things we learned from Iowa-Iowa State
- Friends and strangers alike come out to support Greenwood
- Stat Pak: O-line pic you'll never live down
- Iowa football struggles as big favorites
- Sunday Conversation with Kirk Ferentz
- Misery Index Week 3