SOMETIMES, NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS. When it comes to fall camp, you don't want breaking news. It's often injuries or deflections. One week in and there's none of that. So, we have pictures from camp. They sometimes provide clues as to the depth chart and which freshmen are emerging. We don't have much of that yet and will likely need to see the team on Kid's Day next weekend to see what stories emerge.
LET'S LOOK AT THOSE PICS. Here's the photo gallery from practice four, practice five and practice six (late add: practice eight). We also get an video interview with Kevonte Martin-Manley discussing the first week of practice. It's tough to tell but it looks like Jordan Canzeri is working at kick return.
SPEAKING OF KIDS DAY. The times are now set for Saturday's open practice. The gates to Kinnick open at 10:45 am and practice gets under way an hour later. There will be an autograph session prior to practice for kids to meet their favorite players beginning at 11:15 am.
THE PLAYERS AND COACHES ARE HAVING A LITTLE BIT OF FUN. And for a good cause.
HAWKS OPEN AS MORE THAN TWO TOUCHDOWN FAVORITES. Give me the Hawks.
THERE'S NO QUARTERBACK CONTROVERSY. Coach Ferentz made that clear on day one when he said Jake Rudock is their guy. But, there's plans to get C.J. Beathard, the team's #2 QB, in the game. Greg Davis talked about a two QB approach at Media Day and Rick Brown, of the Des Moines Register, follows up with thoughts of his own.
IF YOU'RE HEADING TO THE IOWA STATE FAIR. You may see former Hawkeyes there.
- Gilman Looks to Make a Habit of Winning Gold
- Gilman Earns Bronze at Junior Worlds
- Volleyball: Hawkeyes Open 2014 with 1st Practice
- Softball: Summer, A Time for Change
- From hay bales to dealing daily with Scherff, Hawkeyes' Ott tackles challenges
- No. 13 - RB Jordan Canzeri
- Podcast: 'On Iowa' talks media day, autonomy
- The Depth Chart: Defensive line
- How Carl got it all together
- The Depth Chart - Offensive line
- The Depth Chart - Wide receivers
- Rating the Big Ten Secondaries
- Sophomore defensive duo ready for kickoff
- Bower primed and ready to play for Hawkeyes
- Hawkeyes consider the possibilities at quarterback
- Full-blown competition at punter
- The Depth Chart - Specialists
- All over the map (good read on Derrick Willies)
- Getting vertical is different for Iowa's offensive line