WE'RE HALF WAY THROUGH DAY TWO OF BIG TEN MEDIA DAYS. Yesterday, Kirk Ferentz addressed the media as the closer for the coaches at the annual event. We learned of a couple departures off the Iowa team. We learned of a possible addition, although, Torrey Hendrick will not be eligible until the 2015 season. Damond Powell is indeed injured. It's not a sports hernia but a regular hernia injury so he'll miss camp and perhaps a few early games this Fall. Iowa's Fall camp gets started August 4th.
WE KNOW WHERE SOME HAVE LANDED. Shimonek will walk-on at Texas Tech per Rivals. Also, Northern Iowa gained two, not one, former Hawkeye running back.
A LITTLE MORE ROSTER STUFF. Walk-on kicker Alden Haffar has left the team. Iowa has a new kicker with scholarship, Mick Ellis, arriving this season. There's also a walk-on, Migeul Recinos from Mason City joining the team too.
Jon Wisnieski is still working back from his injured knee (ACL) last spring. Iowa plans on him being in camp.
THERE'S PLENTY OF PHOTOS FROM YESTERDAY. Here's a sample:
And of course, there's plenty of coverage, so, let's go right to the...
- Ferentz talks Hawkeye transfers, injuries at Big Ten media day
- Iowa's Scherff understands expectations
- Video: Hawkeye DT Carl Davis
- Video: Hawkeye OT Brandon Scherff
- Mark Weisman goes from walk-on to workhorse for Hawkeyes
- 'If you want to play real Big Ten football ... look to schools in West'
- No. 21 LB - Reggie Spearman
- Video: Hawkeye RB Mark Weisman
- Quick Slants: Two departures and an injury
- Scherff picked as player to watch
- Perceptions, opportunities as Big Ten gets geographical
- QB Shimonek among 3 Iowa transfers
- Savage: Big Things in Store for Hawkeyes
- B1G peers notice Scherff's lifts
- Gophers QB Mitch Leidner talks about the Iowa game last year
- 2014 Big Ten Media Days, Day One video - Kirk Ferentz
- Iowa T Brandon Scherff is a 'football freak'
- Gophers: 'Next step' means beating Wisconsin, Iowa
- Mike Daniels sets the tone for first day in pads
- No. 22 - G Sean Welsh
- Saturday is not a test for Jake Rudock
- Hawkeyes Poised For Big Things In 2014
- ESPN's Spielman says Rudock is key to Iowa's chances
- UI Students: Buy Your Season Ticket, Win Free Tuition