FIRE UP THE GRILL. Iowa held a Summer BBQ for verbally committed and potential prospects Saturday in Iowa City. It paid off as Iowa received one verbal commit thus far. There's a ton of pics from the festivities. Here's a sample from Twitter:
A QUICK LIST OF ATTENDEES: The Paulsen twins, Devine Ozigbo, Brett Waechter, Brady Reiff, Ryan Boyle, Jack Hockaday, Jacob Newberg, Adrian Falconer, Aca'Cedric Ware, Drew Cook and Raequan Williams.
DICK VITALE WAS IN IOWA. He was joined by Fran McCaffery and Fred Hoiberg as part of the Jimmy V Foundation fight against cancer fundraiser. We learned that young Patrick McCaffery is now cancer free! There's also video:
THE PTL SEASON IS ON. It's rec league hoops so it means squat. But, new Hawkeye Dominique Uhl had an impressive debut. Uhl shot 7 for 11 from the floor and dropped in 18 points. Fellow newcomers Trey Dickerson has yet to arrive to Iowa (later this week) and Brady Ellingson has a lower body injury keeping him out of action for a couple of weeks.
HOPE THEY (IOWA HOOPSTERS) GET THEIR REST. If you're still looking for a reason for Iowa's 2014 collapse, perhaps it was fatigue. Gabe Olaseni said,
"I think it hit us at the wrong time, the fatigue factor. Everybody wanted to win. Sometimes your legs can't do what your brain tells you to do."
Aaron White added,
"I hate excuses. Obviously what I went through is going to wear on you, whether it's physical, whether it's mental. I've kind of had some time to step back from the season and kind of realize maybe I didn't have as much in the tank as I wanted to. But that doesn't mean when I was on the floor I didn't give everything I ever had for my team."
IOWA WRESTLING: GONE BABY GONE.
4X Iowa state champ Jake Marlin leaving the #Hawkeyes wrestling team. "It was a life choice more than anything,"....sure— Tony Hager (@hagertony) June 21, 2014
- McCaffery and family receive good news from doctors
- Iowa's football guarantees from 2014-2018: $8.05 million
- Hawkeyes land commitment from Florida receiver
- Hamilton could be next in Iowa TE line
- The late-night streets of Iowa City have not been kind to Iowa football players
- Did fatigue really do in Iowa's basketball team?
- Jok not letting off-season misstep deter him
- Know Thy Opponent 2014: Iowa Hawkeyes
- Counting down Maryland's move to the Big Ten: Iowa