FRAN'S TEAM GUTTED ONE OUT. Fran McCaffery talks about the team's win in Illinois.
FRAN QUESTIONED HIS TEAM'S TOUGHNESS AFTER A HOME LOSS TO A DEPLETED MSU TEAM. The Hawks saw a 21 point first half lead become a deficit on the road but battled back to win the game's final five minutes. Iowa got a huge night from Gabe Olaseni (15 points, 12 rebounds) and made free throws down the stretch to seal the win. We have highlights.
THE PLAYERS TALKED ABOUT THE GAME. Scott Dochterman, of the Cedar Rapids Gazette, has post-game player video. Here, Gabe Olaseni, Roy Devyn Marble and Aaron White talk about the win.
IOWA IS ALONE IN THIRD PLACE IN THE BIG TEN. Up next:
Tuesday vs Ohio State... 6 pm. #goldout— Iowa Basketball (@IowaHoops) February 2, 2014
THE HAWKEYE LADIES AGAIN FALL TO NEBRASKA. The Cornhuskers are a thorn in Iowa's side. Despite Sam Logic's 5-7 from three point land and 22 points, Iowa falls to the 'Skers 80-67 in Carver-Hawkeye Arena. The loss drops Iowa to (17-6) overall and (5-4) in league play. Lisa Bluder's team is now a half game behind Nebraska for third in the league and in a three-way tie for fourth with Purdue and Michigan.
WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL FINDS A COACH. Iowa found a former Hawkeye to be the school's 9th ever Volleyball coach. Bond Shymansky is an Iowa alum and comes to Iowa from Marquette. I'm not going to pretend to know a lot about Iowa Volleyball but I think getting a coach that can recruit the Chicago area is a good thing. Iowa Volleyball needs a good thing.
- Olaseni does the things he wants to do
- Hawkeyes show toughness late to upend Illini
- Illinois game: What we learned
- Earl book details life as an overseas pro basketball player
- Bond Shymansky Press Conference Set for Monday
- Podcast: ‘On Iowa' with post-Illinois audio
- 3 take aways Iowa-Illinois
- Just how rare was Iowa's win at Illinois?
- Which commits have the star power?