IOWA TAKES DOWN #10 MICHIGAN. Let's go straight to the highlights:
ROY DEV, GO CRAZY. And that he did. Marble scored 22 first half points drilling six of eight three point attempts. Marble finished the game with 26 points. It was a team effort: Guard Mike Gesell finished with eight assists, Adam Woodbury dunked, Josh Oglesby hit the floor and Gabe Olaseni sent Michigan shots into the first row seats. The Hawks played with great effort and now can rest this week before heading to Penn State on Saturday.
FRAN MCCAFFERY TALKED ABOUT THE WIN. (Source)
MICHIGAN COACH JOHN BEILEIN TALKED ABOUT THE GAME TOO. (Source)
ROY DEV MARBLE AND SAM LOGIC EARN AWARDS.
Congrats to @DMarble4 for being named Big Ten Player of the Week by the website College Sports Madness. #Hawkeyes http://t.co/AOJH2dt8Zm— Iowa Basketball (@IowaHoops) February 10, 2014
Congrats to Samantha Logic, named Big Ten Player of the Week by College Sports Madness: http://t.co/XAZoMQwZoJ. #Hawkeyes #GoHawks— Iowa Women's BBall (@IowaWBB) February 10, 2014
IT'S A NEW WEEK WHICH MEANS NEW BASKETBALL RANKINGS. The AP and Coaches Poll will release later today. Gary Parish moves Iowa to #12 in his daily Top 25. Of course, the only rankings that matter at the end of the season are your NCAA Tournament seeding. USA Today predicts Iowa as a five seed. Iowa could climb to a three seed but a four seed seems most realistic right now.
LISA BLUDER CAN SURPASS C. VIVIAN STRINGER TONIGHT. The Iowa women host Northwestern in Carver at 6:00 PM CT. Iowa is (18-6, 6-4) on the season and look to stay in the conference title hunt against the (14-9, 4-6) Wildcats. If you can't make it to see the Hawks in person, the Big Ten Network will have the game live.
HAWKEYE BASEBALL IS COMING. The Big Ten announced it will expand the Big Ten Baseball Tournament to include eight teams going forward. The tournament included six teams prior to this rule change. Under the new rules, Iowa would have been an eight seed last year. This is good timing for new Hawkeye coach Rick Heller.
IS THERE A HAWKEYE TO PACKER PIPELINE? Tyler Dunne, of the Journal Sentinel thinks so. He asks, in this piece, if C.J. Fiedorowicz could become a Green Bay Packer at this year's NFL Draft. Green Bay has three former Hawkeyes: Bryan Bulaga, Micah Hyde and Mike Daniels. All three are big contributors to the team's success.
THAT'S MOVING, BRO.
This newcomer (James Harrington) to the #Hawkeyes now has the 4th fastest 200m time in school history: pic.twitter.com/tyZgiajfQs— The Iowa Hawkeyes (@TheIowaHawkeyes) February 8, 2014
PG Trey Dickerson tells me #Iowa's Fran McCaffery will visit next Wed. #SEC school also showing big interest (#VIP): http://t.co/Z6ncg5cY04— Andrew Kulha (@AKonSports) February 7, 2014
#Iowa offers 4-star OL Isaiah Prince. (FREE) http://t.co/r2Fo8X32jY @VoiceoftheHawks @SWiltfong247 @jcshurburtt #Hawkeyes— RyanBartow247 (@RyanBartow) February 7, 2014
HAWK WRESTLING IS VICTORIOUS. Iowa's seniors wrestled their final time in Carver-Hawkeye arena. Tony Ramos ended his career a perfect 34-0 on his home mat. Iowa defeated Michigan 26-6.
- THE FURY: Hawkeyes bury Michigan
- UI Track and Field concludes competition in Lincoln, Neb.
- You've just been ‘shushed'
- Hawkeyes manhandle Michigan
- Roy Devyn Marble's hot shooting hand helps Iowa thrash Michigan
- Michigan gives up season-high 85 points; Iowa wins in a rout
- Assertive Marble good for Hawkeyes
- No. 17 Iowa needs Roy Devyn Marble at his best to beat the best
- Iowa 85, Michigan 67
- Live from Carver: Iowa blasts Michigan 85-67
- Iowa's beatdown of Michigan sends waves across Big Ten
- Terrance Harris of Paramus Catholic signs to play football at Iowa on National Signing Day
- Markel Smith moves from right guard to new Iowa running back
- Baseball: Magrane Joins Iowa Coaching Staff
- Hlas Podcast: Former Iowa basketball player Acie Earl
- The Rosster: This February is a step in the right direction for Iowa football
- McCaffery continues to help raise cancer awareness
- Largo picks alum Paschal as its new head coach
- Brandon Myers is now a free agent
- The more you see Olaseni, the more there is to like
- Iowa Softball Falls to Ohio in Slug Fest