HOW TO WATCH. Get ready for the sweet sounds of Beth Mowins and Joey Galloway on ESPN2.
THEY PLAY FOR THE PIG. Iowa and Minnesota's governors made a bet. The pig was real, not a bronze statue like today. Scott Dochterman has a great story of when former UI President Sandy Boyd was there to see it.
THE WEATHER. It's another trip to the Tundra for the Hawkeyes. We know why we avoid this place.
THE SPREAD. Iowa opened as a two point favorite and the line has swung to Minnesota -1 despite 75% of the money on Iowa. No graph this week. Minnesota is Iowa and Iowa is Minnesota. Call it a pick em. But, the line movement is wanky, kinda. Hope Vegas doesn't know today.
THE KID CAPTAIN.
RANDOM THINGS. Jordan Canzeri was back at practice and looked pretty good per Kirk Ferentz on his weekly call-in radio show. Ferentz also said injured 5th string tight end Jon Wisnieski is also back to practice after an ACL injury in the spring. Akrum Wadley is listed as the second running back in this week's depth chart and deservedly so after his 100+ yard breakout performance last week. Still, you have to wonder if Canzeri is #2 today. If Mark Weisman has one of his typical days versus Minnesota (he's averaging 162 yards per game in two contests), it may not matter.
What else? Oh, there's bowl reps in the comfortable heated box seats to watch two bowl eligible teams. The Fiesta Bowl and Holiday Bowl reps will reportedly be in attendance. This might be important for Iowa as they visited the state of Florida last year and any of the Big Ten's three games in the state could be out for the Hawks under new Big Ten bowl rules.
Iowa has scored more than 30 pts in each of its last 3 conference gms. In the history of Iowa football, it has never happened in 4 straight— Dave Revsine (@BTNDaveRevsine) November 3, 2014
Iowa hasn't played great QBs recently, but Iowa's defense ranks 1st in the FBS in comp pct, yds/att, pass yds/gm & passer rating since 9/27— Matt Benson (@mbenson6) November 3, 2014
TWITTER LIST. To keep you updated until kickoff.
AND OTHER LINKS:
- Iowa at Minnesota football preview capsule
- Gary Dolphin provides his view from the pressbox
- More than a pig at stake as Hawkeyes, Gophers prepare to battle
- Gophers seek stronger start against Iowa
- Gophers have a chance to fill their trophy case
- D-Line Looks to Duplicate Recent Efforts
- Podcast: 'On Iowa' previews Minnesota
- Plewa's Return Paves the Way
- Defensive lineman's menu: Rip, chop, olé!
- 2-Minute Drill: Minnesota Golden Gophers
- Outsey Takes Next Step
- Is Minnesota a one-trick offense? Not that easy, Hawkeyes say
- Was there a mastermind behind Greg Davis' play-calling?
- Instant star Akrum Wadley trying to avoid getting 'too comfortable'
- See our predictions for all five Big Ten football games
- The Quickest Slants: Rosie the Fortune Teller
- No looking back for Hawkeyes, Ferentz: 'You have to move on'
- Brandon Scherff is Semifinalist for Rotary Lombardi Award
- Watch On Iowa Live, November 3
- Saluting Veterans Hits Home With Perry
- Hawkeyes can see a path to Big Ten title game