HOW TO WATCH. If there's one advantage to playing on Black Friday, it's a national audience on ABC. Iowa-Nebraska will be alone in the 11:00 am CT kickoff slot. The game is available online at ESPN3.
ABC crew for Friday's #Huskers-Iowa game are Bob Wischusen (play-by-play), Matt Millen (analyst) and Quint Kessenich (sideline).— Brian Christopherson (@HuskerExtraBC) November 24, 2014
RT @TheIowaHawkeyes: Workers plow the field at Kinnick near midnight. pic.twitter.com/QmaUJJ9N8V— GwydionCa$hleeWalton (@HS_BHGP) November 27, 2014
While there's no snow in the forecast, there's not a lot of warmth either. Also, nice new website TheWeatherChannel dot com.
IMPORTANT PARKING INFO.
IMPORTANT for fans coming to Friday's Hy-Vee Heroes Game: No parking available on driving range at Finkbine Golf Course. RT! #Until— The Iowa Hawkeyes (@TheIowaHawkeyes) November 27, 2014
THE SPREAD. This game opened with a Nebraska -3 point spread and has essentially been a pick 'em all week. Flip a coin and let's see who cares.
THE HONORARY CAPTAIN. He just recently retired from a career in the NFL. Pat Angerer will return to Kinnick this week to talk to the team and serve as honorary captain. Pat's a great American, my friends.
IT'S SENIOR DAY. Time to say goodbye to several Hawkeyes that have been a huge part of the program these past four seasons. Mark Weisman's 30 career touchdowns rank him third all-time. He's also in the top 10 for rushing yards as a Hawkeye. Kevonte Martin-Manley still has a shot at Iowa's all-time receptions mark. He's just eight receptions from tying with two games in his career. Brandon Scherff is an Outland Trophy finalist. Louis Trinca-Pasat, Carl Davis, Andrew Donnal and John Lowdermilk may land on some second or third team all-Big Ten teams. There's been some ups and downs. They endured a 4-8 season in 2012. They battled back for a respectable 8-4 the next season. 8-4 or even 9-4 is still out there for these guys. Let's wish them the best today and in their promising futures.
THE KID CAPTAIN.
#KidCaptain Liam has proven he can overcome any challenges, on or off the field. http://t.co/3kMILhuBpc #GoHawks pic.twitter.com/WFMBt3GW2b— UIChildrensHospital (@UIchildrens) November 25, 2014
THE TWITTER LIST.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/PlannedSickDays/lists/hawkmedia
THE OTHER LINKS.
- See our predictions for all seven Big Ten football games
- Big Ten Week 14 predictions
- Defending Kinnick has been easier said than done
- Video: The Big Red Today Show, Nov. 25
- Rudock's numbers say improvement across the board
- Practice report Nov. 25: Beck says D-line is Iowa's strength
- Heroes Trophy at stake on Friday
- Few Teams Have Been More Mediocre Than Nebraska This Decade
- The Quickest Slant
- Iowa notes: Scherff tabbed Outland finalist
- Podcast: 'On Iowa' reviews Wisconsin loss
- Citizen Heroes to be honored Friday
- Game Notes: Iowa vs. Nebraska
- At press conference, Husker coach Bo Pelini places all focus on Iowa
- Two-Star Hawkeye Podcast: Iowa Football/Basketball Reaction & Nebraska Preview
- Status still uncertain for Huskers Kenny Bell, Randy Gregory