NOBODY HATES IOWA MORE THAN IOWA FANS. Well, maybe Pat Fitzgerald. Iowa hosts Northwestern Saturday in Kinnick Stadium at 11:00 am CT. It's the begginging of a month of rivals. After j it's Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin and Nebraska. It's "make or break" time for Iowa and maybe Kirk Ferentz. Iowa holds a 25-9 all-time record against Northwestern in Iowa City. The Hawks opened as a five point favorite.
TO WIN, PERHAPS IOWA SHOULDN'T TRY THROWING THE BALL 40+ TIMES. It's happened only 25 times in Kirk Ferentz's career at Iowa. Passing 40+ times that is. Iowa's record in those games? Four wins, twenty-one losses. (Note: two of those wins came this season against Northern Iowa and Ball State.) Kirk Ferentz mentioned over the summer he was hoping to utilize the running back depth and save Mark Weisman for November. It's November, Kirk.
ROSS RECAPPED KIRK FERENTZ'S PRESS CONFERENCE. The players spoke too. Mark Morehouse has video of interviews with several Hawkeyes in four parts. Part one is of course Ferentz. Part two we hear from Andrew Donnal, Quinton Alston, Mark Weisman and Damond Powell. Part three is Austin Blythe, John Lowdermilk and Carl Davis. Finally, part four is Jake Rudock, Drew Ott and the video you really want to watch: C.J. Beathard.
IF YOU'RE HEADING TO THE GAME. Iowa would like you to arrive to your seats a tad early in preparation of another "card stunt." Go America, tho.
THE NBA SEASON IS UNDERWAY. D-Money Fresh Marble-y Marb got some minutes in the Orlando Magic's opening game.
MEN'S HOOPS IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER. Iowa opens exhibition play Sunday against Rollie Massimino's Northwood University. An NAIA program from West Palm Beach, Florida.
FRAN TALKED A LITTLE HOOPS YESTERDAY. Early November is always fun for college basketball fans as they'll get to see the new faces work their way into the program against Cupcake U. Iowa added three: Dominique Uhl, Trey Dickerson and Brady Ellingson. Fran said Ellingson had a foot injury this summer that's began to bother him again. Of the three newbs, don't expect much Ellingson in the early going.
WHO STARTS? McCaffery hasn't nailed down a starting lineup just yet. Aaron White, Mike Gesell, Adam Woodbury and Jarrod Uthoff are likely written in pen. At the off-guard spot remains a mystery still. It's likely it's Peter Jok that nails it down.
- Ex-Iowa coach releases, rebuts report
- Hawkeyes need to tackle better, but what does that mean?
- Wildcats' freshman will test Hawkeyes' tackling skills
- Waiting on the run
- McCaffery still not sure about starting lineup
- Ott bids farewell to the mullet
- Northwestern preview podcast with Matt Melloy, Matt Hughes & TJ Jones and CJ Bacher
- Notebook: Spearman to sit two games
- Iowa lands Greco-Roman national finalist
- Audio: Hawkeye players talk Northwestern
- The Quickest Slant
- Teammate: Playing time a possible factor in Derrick Willies' transfer
- Northwestern, Iowa kind of treading the same water
- Valley Grad Teaches Iowa Fight Song to Tonga Village
- Zadick, 1997 Hawkeyes to enter Glen Brand HOF
- Rick Klatt with a warning
- Linebacker plans revealed in latest Iowa depth chart
- RSP Film Room Hangout: Iowa OT Brandon Scherff w/Lance Zierlein