HOOPS! Fran McCaffery and his 2014-15 Hawkeyes met with the media yesterday. Meet your Hawkeyes:
Your 2014-15 Iowa Hawkeyes. pic.twitter.com/oqkNzD1nyD— Iowa Basketball (@IowaHoops) October 2, 2014
MCCAFFERY TALKED ABOUT THIS YEAR'S SQUAD. See what he said in the video below or read this.
THIS IS AARON WHITE'S TEAM. White is the senior leader on this squad. White says he's fiery and competitive and hopes that rubs off on his teammates. McCaffery hopes to also get leadership on the floor from Jarrod Uthoff. The Hawks will again have a deep bench, going 11 players again.
SO, WHO'S NEW? Iowa has three new faces on this year's squad. Dominique Uhl, Brady Ellingson and Trey Dickerson were added to the team this fall semester. McCaffery says of the three, Uhl has to "play a lot" to replace departed Melsahn Basabe at forward.
PETER JOK IS GOOD TO GO.
McCaffery: I’ve addressed the Peter Jok situation, he’s good to go.— KRUI Sports (@KRUISports) October 2, 2014
BACK TO THE BIG TOPIC OF THE WEEK, THE QB SITUATION. Looks like Iowa wants to go with two quarterbacks moving forward. Ross already covered that from the media session this week with Greg Davis. Twitter famous @Hawkeyegamefilm does scouting on the side. Or at least has advanced knowledge of the game. I asked for a passing chart from last week's game at Purdue for C.J. Beathard. Here it is in comparison to Rudock's career chart:
Iowa's cumulative pass chart through 3 games. Definitely some issues pic.twitter.com/FZ5MaJgNtl— Hawkeye Gamefilm (@hawkeyegamefilm) September 15, 2014
For comparison purposes, passing chart of James Vandenberg's first 3 games in '12 vs Jake Rudock's in '14 pic.twitter.com/divcXdTW91— Hawkeye Gamefilm (@hawkeyegamefilm) September 15, 2014
- Iowa notes: Parker makes plays
- Greg Davis has reasons to worry about job security
- Hawk Fan Makes Good on Lost Football Game Bet
- Fran McCaffery Q&A: Iowa better served after late season struggles
- Quickest Slants
- Bowl projections: First season edition
- Little strength so far in Hawkeyes' strength-of-schedule
- Phil Steele's Bowl Projections
- Big Ten Bowl Projections: 4-1 Rutgers enters updated list
- Stat Pak: OK, back to QB
- Jerry Palm's Bowl Projections
- Up Close with Trey Dickerson
- Indiana to picked to finish 8th in Big Ten by Athlon Sports
- Where are they now? Matt Kroul
- Hawkeyes to appear 18 times on ESPN platforms
- Iowa's basketball recruiting focus narrows
- New season offers remedies for last year's collapse