GAME DAY. Iowa at Minnesota will be broadcast but ABC regionally. Below is the coverage map. If you're blue, you're ABC. If you're red, you're ESPN2. Kickoff is set for 2:30 CT.
TV coverage map for the #IOWA #Hawkeyes @ the Minnesota Golden Gophers #B1G conference opener for each team. GOHAWKS! pic.twitter.com/8gNRB9KTcw— Scott Eric Koops (@ScottKoops) September 26, 2013
The game will also be on the radio. WHO 1040 for Des Moines. WMT 600 for Cedar Rapids.
For an online stream, you can check ESPN3 if your Internet Service Provider works with that.
Minnesota opened as a one point favorite and the line has moved in favor of Iowa. The Hawkeyes are a 2.5 point favorite, currently.
The weather forecast:
JERRY KILL BREAKS DOWN IOWA.
HOW ABOUT PREDICTIONS? ESPN's Big Ten bloggers Brian Bennett and Adam Rittenberg are split on the winner of this game. Bennett says Minnesota. Rittenberg takes Iowa. Marc Morehouse has his weekly break down of advantages and says Iowa by 10.
I would lean toward Iowa. Not convinced Gophers can throw it well enough to win. RT @2Graffz Hawks or Gophers this weekend?— Dave Revsine (@BTNDaveRevsine) September 27, 2013
IT'S LIKE MINNESOTA'S SUPER BOWL (ABOUT 4:20 MARK).
THEY PLAY FOR THE PIG. Iowa vs. Minnesota is considered one of the nation's Top 25 rivalries, according to Forbes. There's not one Iowan on the Gopher roster and they say they Hate Iowa. It's set to be a battle in the trenches as Iowa looks to retain the bronze pig.
LET'S HOPE THE GAME GETS OUT OF HAND AGAIN. So there's some stall lovin'.
FOR MINNESOTA TO BEAT IOWA . They'll need to move the ball on the ground. Quarterback Philip Nelson and running back Donnell Kirkwood are not listed on the team's injury report. The Gophers still have plenty of options in the backfield if Kirkwood can't go. For Nelson, he's practiced this week but perhaps not at full speed.
Coach Kill said QB Philip Nelson practiced the last two days but he's not full speed coming off the hamstring injury. #Gophers— Marcus R. Fuller (@GophersNow) September 25, 2013
WE HAVE SOME MORE HAWKEYE PLAYER VIDEO. If you didn't get enough on Wednesday or just missed it, Hawk Mania has Drew Ott, Brett Van Sloten, Tevaun Smith and Mark Weisman. There's also a piece on Jake Rudock and Mike Meyer.
IOWA, APPARENTLY, IS HOPING TO RETURN TO GLORY DAYS. You know, of oh, four years ago? Glory days well they'll pass you by. Glory days in the wink of a young girl's eye. Glory days, glory days.
IF IOWA WINS TODAY. Let's hope they don't forget the trophy. Also, let's hope the locker room doesn't get robbed.
WE CAN READ TOO MUCH INTO OTHER RESULTS. Iowa State, Iowa's lone BCS conference opponent thus far, got their first win at Tulsa Thursday night. The Cyclones racked up 441 total yards and 160 yards rushing in a 38-23 win. Minnesota's arguably best non-conference opponent, San Jose State, got smoked at home in a conference game against Utah State. The Spartans allowed the Aggies to gain 520 yards including 253 rushing in a 40-12 loss.
HEY, HOOPS. College basketball practice start up this weekend. If you can believe that. Fran McCaffery says his staff and team will take it slow this first month of practice.
LOT'S OF OTHER LINKS:
- Just another game? Floyd doesn't think so
- Hawkeyes, Gophers preparing for a hard-nosed battle
- Iowa prepared to travel to the Land of Lakes
- Diversity has become the mantra of the Rudock-led Iowa offense
- A Legendary Big Ten free-for-all? Maybe
- Hawkeyes to provide legit test for Gophers
- Podcast: ‘On Iowa' previews Iowa-Minnesota
- Kid Captain: Emma Miller
- Iowa's Lowery is the Hughes High School Big Red
- Video: Iowa's Martin-Manley honored
- Hawkeye Sports Report - Season 2, Episode 5 - 9.26.13
- 9/26/2013: Talkin' Hawks podcast (Iowa at Minnesota)
- Ferentz radio: Spearman working as WLB
- Dienhart: Get my Week 5 Big Ten previews
- The greatest college football trophy
- Pete Bush selected for Glen Brand Wrestling Hall of Fame
- Gophers mastering the art of dealing with adversity
- Big Ten awards race tracker: Week 5
- Iowa-Minnesota match-up plays like old school football
- James Morris: Freeway face of the Hawkeyes
- Texas, Toronto receivers finding their footing in Iowa O
- Phillips makes impact 30 years after Iowa career
- An 18-Year Wait is Almost Over for Daniels
- Gophers safety Brock Vereen on fast track
- Lowery named Thorpe Award defensive back of the week
- Q&A: Jake Rudock talks favorite QB, INT vs. NIU & more
- Three and Out: Darth Vader vs. Saul Goodman
- Winning Floyd back from Iowa is a heavy Gophers' burden
- Gophers have a lot to prove
- 5 things: Gophers open Big Ten play against Hawkeyes
- The Call: Gophers vs. Iowa
AND TO STAY UP TO DATE LEADING UP TO KICKOFF. Here's a Hawk Media Twitter List to keep you updated.