Hawkeye Sports Report - Hawkeye Sports
HAWKEYE FOOTBALL LOOKS TO IMPROVE TO 3-1. Iowa is a 16.5 point favorite tomorrow against the Western Michigan Broncos. This is the last non-conference game for the Hawkeyes before the Big Ten season next week at Minnesota. Western Michigan is facing their third Big Ten team of the season. They opened at Michigan State and visited Northwestern last week.
GREG DAVIS TALKS OFFENSE.
Interview with offensive coordinator Greg Davis (via Iowa Hawkeyes)
WITH A 16.5 POINT SPREAD IOWA IS PICKED TO WIN BY EVERYBODY. Rob Howe, at Hawkeye Insider predicts a 31-16 Iowa win. Both ESPN bloggers Brian Bennett and Adam Rittenberg takes the Hawks to win big. And all four Big Ten Network dot com writers take the Hawks but some by not such a big margin. Finally, Marc Morehouse breaks down the advantages and says Iowa 41, WMU 21.
AH, BUT FOOL ME ONCE, SHAME ON YOU. FOOL ME TWICE, SHAME ON ME. Fool me three times? We've seen this movie before. Western Michigan is (2-0) against our Hawkeyes in Kinnick. They're a better team than people think. They have a senior quarterback, albeit playing in a new system, and pretty good wide receivers. Iowa's secondary will be tested and we'll see it they're up to task.
LOOKING AHEAD. The battle for the Floyd of Rosedale is already on someone's mind. Both Minnesota and Iowa have one more non-con game to play before facing off in Minneapolis. Still, Gopher Ra'Shede Hageman is talking about getting back the pig.
HOW BOUT SOME HOOPS STUFF. We talked earlier in the week about the upcoming recruiting weekend for Fran McCaffery and staff. Here's a read on the weekend from Scott Dochterman.
Hooisers are always thinking basketball and today we have a preview of the Iowa team for the upcoming season.
And finally, Rick Brown talks about Iowa's depth, the 11-man rotation and keeping Tyler Ulis on speed dial.
- Iowa Head Coach Kirk Ferentz talks about how big the game against Iowa State was
- Hawkeye WR Kevonte Martin-Manley
- Hlas Podcast: Armen Keteyian on college football
- Hawkeye QB Jake Rudock
- 9/19/2013: Talkin' Hawks podcast (Iowa vs. Western Michigan)
- So far, Iowa's offense is a very busy unit
- What to watch in the Big Ten: Week 4
- Iowa vs. Western Michigan (What to expect)
- Amari Spievey works out with the Bears
- The latest On Iowa Podcast previews Western Michigan
- Iowa vs. Kansas State in the Heart of Dallas?
- Big Ten Award tracker
- Iowa vs. Ontario - 2013 Fall Baseball
- Matt VandeBerg Steps into College Football
- Western Michigan: 6-38 vs. Big Ten, 2-0 vs. Iowa
- Three and Out: Can't have anything nice
- Ferentz radio - ‘Everybody is who they should be'
- Upcoming schedule for Hawkeyes in the NFL
- Iowa Offense Starts with the Run
- Hawkeyes' Van Sloten is quintessential Iowa
- Iowa adapts to slow student ticket sales