Iowa Postgame Celebration - Sept. 14, 2013 (via Iowa Hawkeyes)
Iowa 27!!!! Iowa state 21 (via Hawks fly)
FB: Iowa vs. Iowa State Highlights (via Iowa Hawkeyes)
HOW ABOUT SOME PHOTOS?
Again, it's @BrianRayGazette with the camera, getting B.J. Lowery's interception: pic.twitter.com/XH0ZSMA3I4— Mike Hlas (@Hlas) September 15, 2013
Hawkeye Captains with the Cy-HAWK trophy! #GoHawks #Swarm2013 pic.twitter.com/tWGmJwWgXn— Hawkeye Football (@HawkeyeFootball) September 15, 2013
Weisman looking beefy pic.twitter.com/2yrKMH5vIc— Daily Iowan Pregame (@dipregame) September 15, 2013
Amateur. RT @diehlmd: At least @VodkaSamm made it to the game. #gohawks @BHGP @HawkeyeReport pic.twitter.com/0zpwSxNT08— Patrick Vint (@HS_BHGP) September 14, 2013
Morris INT #Hawkeyes #BeatState #CyHawk pic.twitter.com/Pr65flEBHE— Chad La Fleur (@hawkeyeinmd) September 14, 2013
Iowa has rushed for 200+ yds in 3 straight games; the 1st time the #Hawkeyes have done that since the last 2 games of '03 & 1st game of '04.— Gameday Live (@IowaFBLive) September 15, 2013
#HelmetSticker @ESPN_ReceDavis: #Iowa RB Mark Weisman, 35-145yds in win over ISU #OleMiss RB Jeff Scott, 164yds, 72yd Punt Ret TD at Texas— ESPN CollegeFootball (@ESPNCFB) September 15, 2013
Iowa has taken 80+ snaps in all 3 games, marking the 1st time they’ve taken 80+ snaps in 3 consecutive games under head coach Kirk Ferentz.— Gameday Live (@IowaFBLive) September 15, 2013
Mark Weisman's 425 rushing yards are the most through Iowa's first three games of a season since Fred Russell had 471 in 2002. #Hawkeyes— Matt Benson (@mbenson6) September 15, 2013
KIRK FERENTZ TALKED ABOUT THE WIN. Following the game Coach Ferentz talked about the team's win from the Iowa State weight room. He praised Jake Rudock's poise in his first road game and Mark Weisman's 35 carries.
LET'S GET RECAP-Y. It wasn't as close as the final score indicated. Iowa held off a Cyclone comeback late in the fourth quarter. Weisman almost had a touchdown that was declared down just prior to the goal line. Iowa rushed the ball a total of 60 times for 218 yards against a stacked defensive front. Ultimately, it was the Iowa Oline and Weisman that slowly crushed the Cyclones.
LET'S LOOK AT SOME NCAA STATS. Mark Weisman's 425 yards to start the season ranks him third in the NCAA for total rushing yards. His 141.7 yards per game is seventh nationally. Iowa's rushing offense is 30th in the nation and average time of possession ranks 8th. Defensively, Iowa's rush defense ranks 16th nationally. Anthony Hitchens is tied for 10th with 10.3 tackles a game. Iowa's defense is allowing only 29.5% of third downs converted, ranking 23rd. Looking ahead, Western Michigan's rush defense has allowed 735 rush yards this season ranking 116th of 123. WMU's offense is 98th in total offense at 344.7 yards per game.
THERE'S PLENTY OF PLAYER VIDEO. Both Marc Morehouse and Brendan Stiles have post game interview videos on their blogs. Here, at On Iowa, we get Kirk Ferentz, Jacob Hillyer, Mark Weisman, B.J. Lowery, James Morris, Jake Rudock, Austin Blythe, Brandon Scherff and Brett Van Sloten. Hawkeye Drive has about the same list and Carl Davis is in there too.
- Hawkeye Sports photo gallery
- Defense steps up in Iowa's win over Iowa State
- Hawkeyes reclaim Cy-Hawk Trophy
- Hawkeyes pound out a winning tune at Iowa State
- Dienhart: See my Week 4 Power Rankings
- Big Ten helmet stickers: Week 3
- Football: Play calling questioned as ISU offense sputters
- Brent Metcalf loses his first match this morning
- Stat Pak: Nekton Mentality is coming for you
- Ferentz: `We Need to Improve'
- B1G Rewind: Who the (blank) knows?
- Week 3 Big Ten Rank: Iowa 3rd, Nebraska 12th
- Hundreds of runners come out to support Brett Greenwood
- Life of a corner summed up in one nutty night
- ESPN Bowl Projections: Pizza! Pizza!
- Podcast: ‘On Iowa' with Cy-Hawk audio
- 2nd straight loss shows there are more problems than solutions with Cyclones
- Williams: Over-matched in Ames
- Recovering an onside kick
- Mitch King impressed with Iowa's DLine
- Hawkeyes Run Over Cyclones