SEASON RECAP. If you've missed any of Iowa's previous victories you can review the game recap and notes here:
- Iowa vs. Northern Illinois (The Intro)
- Iowa at Iowa State (Des Moines Media Suffers Defeat)
- Iowa vs. Minnesota (Survive The Sharknado)
- Iowa vs. Michigan State (Nightmare Fuel)
- Iowa at Ohio State (Epic Mo Is Not Enough)
- Iowa vs. Northwestern (Fitz's Mid-Life Crisis)
- Iowa vs. Wisconsin (Bielema Forgets)
- Iowa at Purdue (Walk-ons R Us)
- Iowa vs. Michigan (Epic Brad Banks)
- Iowa at Nebraska (Heros)
- B1G Championship Game (Not Kevin Wilson's Hoosiers)
Whatever Ferentz said to the young tailback didn't work as he was tentative on his first carry. Still, Ferentz, confident in his message to the young Heisman winner, instructed offensive coordinator Greg Davis to feed The Juggernaut.
Iowa's offense had a first down after three consecutive four yards carries but still looked like they would have to battle for small chunks of yards at a time against a very stout Georgia defense. Juggernaut was slow to the huddle after his third consecutive carry and Iowa, taking too long to get to the line for the next play, was forced to burn a timeout.
During that timeout guys in the huddle asked Jugger if he was okay. He said, "yeah, I feel alright. It's just that, well, coach said he's my dad. Does that mean I hafta coach here in a couple years?" While Greg Davis called in the play and players grabbed a shot of water Juggernaut looked off in the distance. There, he saw the spirit of another Hawkeye Heisman winner which said,
On the very next play Juggernaut ripped and tore through the Georgia defense for a huge gain and suddenly the Hawkeyes had life.
The energy from that one play carried over to everyone in a Hawkeye uniform. Receivers started finding space and Banks was hitting his mark. The Hawkeyes exploded down field in a triumphant offensive drive and put seven points on the board cutting Georgia's lead to 17-10.
|1 (61 VOTES)||2||IOWA||14||0|