So, Kansas City Chiefs safety (and noted horse unethusiast because he's smart) Eric Berry tweeted this out this morning:
Out west ridin to this mix Stanzi put together.— Eric Berry (@Stuntman1429) May 10, 2013
(And yes, he's verified, that's him.)
Obviously, YES. A Ricky Stanzi mix tape is exactly what this country and everybody's iTunes needs. Fortunately, we have sources close to the situation* and we can share with you exactly what that mix is.
Carve out some time. It's time to let America get all up in your earholes, people.
DJ RICKY STANZI'S ALL-AMERICAN MIX TAPE
1. Star-Spangled Banner - Whitney Houston
2. God Bless the USA - Lee Greenwood
3. God Bless America Techno Remix
This is a good song because it lets you party and dance but at the end you're still feeling really good about the good old USA.
4. Born in the USA - Bruce Springsteen
Being born in the USA is a pretty neat thing and it's pretty neat that Bruce wrote a song about it!
5. Fortunate Son - Creedence Clearwater
What's a "protest song"?
6. Root 'Em Out Joe - Leslie De Gaulle Trio
Sometimes it's fun to listen to the classics.
7. Courtesy of the Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith
We already got bin Laden but a little nostalgia never hurt anybody!
8. Ain't That America - John Mellencamp
Spoiler alert: that IS America. And that's great!
9. Bringing Home the Roses - The Fabulous Fryers
Mixing it up with a Hawkeye classic.
10. DJ Drama - Pledge Of Allegiance ft. Wiz Khalifa, Planet VI & B.o.B
NOTE: Stanzi did not listen to this song before putting it on the mix.
11. Beastie Boys - Paul Revere
12. Notti Boy - Hawkeye Anthem
Another Hawkeye song that's prett—wait, did that song just namecheck Ricky Stanzi????
13. Notti Boy - Hawkeye Anthem
14. Notti Boy - Hawkeye Anthem
15. Notti Boy - Hawkeye Anthem
16. Notti Boy - Hawkeye Anthem
17. Notti B[NOTE: Stanzi's iPod has just been thrown out the window]
*sources located in the gardens of OUR MINDS.