THE BEST PART OF THIS VIDEO COMES AROUND THE 2:05 MARK.
Iowa Football Preseason Camp - Week 2 (via GoHawksTV)
THE LATEST ON IOWA PODCAST TALKS ALL ABOUT IOWA'S FIRST OPEN PRACTICE. Hear what Marc Morehouse and Scott Dochterman thought about Iowa's practice and the team going forward. They also recorded On Iowa Live with former Hawkeye linebacker Matt Hughes. Finally, Morehouse uploaded several minutes of offensive line versus defensive line videos from Iowa's scrimmage to his blog.
IF YOU MISSED A CHANCE TO SEE THE HAWKS LAST SATURDAY, YOU'LL HAVE A CHANCE AGAIN THIS WEEK.
Good News— Hawkeye Football (@HawkeyeFootball) August 14, 2012
#Hawkeye Fans, we will have another open practice this Saturday.Gates open at 11:00am. Hope to see everyone out at Kinnick!
WHY ANOTHER OPEN PRACTICE? (Who is this guy and what have they done with Kirk Ferentz?) Well, Morehouse may have an answer. Following last Saturday's practice Ferentz talked about his young players needing live experience. About the running backs, Ferentz said, "we don't tackle a lot in practice and today was a big day. We may have to do more of it than we expected, just so we can find out how they play when they do get tackled. Brad has been in and out with injuries, too. It's hard to get continuity."
IOWA'S SECOND STRING QUARTERBACK IS STILL TBD. Cody Sokol looked the better of the backup quarterbacks Saturday. It was only one practice. Redshirt freshman Jake Rudock is preparing like he could be the first QB in if something were to happen to James Vandenberg. Rudock told Hawk Central's Ryan Suchomel, "All of us came here to play football. If you have to play a little earlier than they told you two months ago, then that's how it is."
IOWA IS REALLY PUMPING UP DON SHUMPERT. He appears to be Iowa's third option at wide receiver. Shumpert talked to Hawkeye Sports and says everything is great. He talks a little bit about receivers coach Erik Campbell, high school teammate Christian Kirksey and his goals for 2012.
IOWA'S SECONDARY IS SUPPOSED TO BE A STRENGTH. But, ESPN's Big Ten blog rates it as 8th best in the Big Ten. Adam Rittenberg sticks Iowa just behind Wisconsin and ahead of Penn State. Iowa is also behind Purdue and Illinois.
- Top NFL pipelines
- 2012 Iowa position breakdowns: Running Backs
- Hayden Fry once tore sleeves off a suit jacket and knocked down a door
- Vote Now for the Official T-Shirt of the 2012 Season
- Pat Angerer sidelined for at least six weeks with injury
- Iowa TE could be big time, not just big
- Brian Ferentz says Hawkeyes are not far away from winning level of past
- Chiefs' Backup QB Situation Still Unclear: Fantasy Implications
- Pro Bowler From Anamosa Working Hard For Ravens
- Defensive line looks much improved for Titans
- UI sophomore is aiming to anchor the Hawkeye defensive line
- Eye on the Underclassmen: The Defense
- Kevonte Martin-Manley, playmaker?
- Eye on Underclassmen: The Offense