Devyn Marble - NBA Talk (via HawkeyeInsider)
THE PTL HAS REACHED THE MIDPOINT. The above video, not the games, caused a lot of scratching, hair pulling, and slapping on Twitter yesterday. Rob Howe asked Devyn Marble to comment on a rumor that he may be looking to leave Iowa early for the NBA. The question was straight forward. The answer wasn't all that shocking. Dev gave more of a what-if scenario answer to the question. The kid has goals. Good for him.
ABOUT THE GAMES. As usual, Hawkeye Drive has game recaps and game video. Kyle Meyer has switched teams and the added playing time resulted in boosted stats. Meyer had a double-double yesterday with 14 points and 12 rebounds. Aaron White added 19 points and 17 rebounds, Melsahn Basabe dropped in 32 points and Mike Gesell had 25 points.
IOWA FOOTBALL HAS 8-4 POTENTIAL. Per College Football Matrix. Here's a Hawkeye preview will all sorts of graphs and stuff. It's that time of year where everyone is predicting the outcome of the 2012 season. College Football Matrix is also the blog that has Kirk Ferentz listed on their two-star "hot seat." Per CFM, Kirk Ferentz is "the Midwest version of Jeff Teford."
TINY ALVIS IS BACK AND HAS A LOT TO PROVE. Ryan Suchomel, of Hawk Central, writes that Alvis is finished rehabbing his previously injured knee and has returned to regular workouts with the team. Alvis knows the Hawkeye defensive line has been listed as Iowa's weakness and says "that's OK, we like being underdogs."
DREW TATE LEADS HIS TEAM TO A WIN LAST NIGHT. He's the Canadian Football League's youngest starting quarterback. Tate is the starter for Calgary now. He finished the game with 299 yards on 25 of 35 passing. Tate's performance earned him a spot on the front page on the CFL website.
HERE'S TO ERIC MAY HAVING A STRONG SENIOR SEASON. Scott Dochterman writes that May is healthy again. He's the strongest guy in the weight room and leading the younger players by example. Fran McCaffery gave May the title of team captain and he plans to continue to lead by example on the court this winter.
- Jim Craig, Royce Alger to be welcomed to Iowa Athletics Hall of Fame 2012 class
- The latest On Iowa podcast
- Morehouse's No. 20 - OL Austin Blythe
- Former Hawkeye Ryan Bowen Gives Tour of Denver Nuggets Facilities
- Iowa's Matt Gatens ‘got a good vibe' from Phoenix Suns during second visit
- Q&A Matt Gatens
- Early commitments just sign of the times
- Photo Gallery: Hawkeyes Shine in Primetime League Week 3 Action
- Hawkeyes leave Omaha after swim trials
- McNutt farewell tailgate party held in downtown Muscatine
- Eric May, the football player?