RILEY REIFF IS IOWA'S NEXT FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK. At least he's projected to be a first round draft pick. Reiff is considered the second best offensive tackle prospect behind USC's Matt Kalil. Reiff's name has been slotted for as high as the ninth draft pick to the early 20's in the first round. For more on what the scouts think of Reiff check out this report on TheSidelineView.com.
REIFF IS A PROJECTED TACKLE BUT IF YOU WANT INTERIOR LINEMEN LOOK TO THE HAWKEYES. Rivals.com has selected Iowa as Interior linemen U. Adam Gettis should hear his name called, perhaps on the final day of the draft. Gettis will join Marshall Yanda, Bryan Mattison, Seth Olsen, Eric Steinbach and Julian Vandevelde as Iowa alumni in the league. Robert Gallery began his NFL career as a tackle but has since found success as an offensive guard.
SPEAKING OF HAWKEYES IN THE NFL. Of his list of top 20 NFL free agents, Jason Cole, of Yahoo Sports, has three Hawkeyes on his list. Dallas Clark comes in at number eight, Matt Roth number 12. Tight end Scott Chandler is number 20 on the list. Chandler re-signed with the Buffalo Bills March 8th.
KIRK FERENTZ LOVES HIM SOME MEL KIPER. Another NFL Draft, another list of Hawkeye names to be called. Hawkeye head coach Kirk Ferentz admitted to Scott Dochterman that when it comes to viewing the Draft on T.V., he's a fan. Ferentz even went so far as to say he wouldn't mind taking part in the three day broadcast.
IOWA DEFENSIVE LINEMEN STEVE BIGACH TALKS TO ADAM RITTENBERG. Bigach shakes off Rittenberg's old man jokes and talks about being the leader of the defensive line. He also mentions the legacy of the Iowa defensive line and how he hopes to become part of that.
OTHER THAN BIGACH... There's a lot of young faces on Iowa's defensive line. Marc Morehouse writes about the other potential contributors. Morehouse writes about Trinca-Pasat and how he gained 45 pounds in two years. Trinca-Pasat says "you have to eat healthy, eat protien. You have to lift." And most importantly, "it takes some time to get used to the weight."
ONE HAWKEYE HOOPSTER IS PICKED TO BREAKOUT IN 2012-13. BTN's Brent Yarina selected Josh Oglesby as one of his five possible breakout players to watch during next year's basketball season. Yarina notes that Oglesby is deadly from three and won't replace Matt Gatens but "he'll help make up for the local star's departure."
IOWA STATE AT IOWA A TOP OOC GAME FOR 2012? Maize and Brew tabbed the annual rivalry game as the number three best out-of-conference game to watch this fall. Iowa is likely to host a night game but according to Gary Barta, don't expect the Cy-Hawk rivalry to be it. Penn State at Iowa is the more likely candidate for a fall evening game in Kinnick.
- Harty: Bo Ryan's restrictions are a double standard
- Jarrod Uthoff could attend any Big Ten school on scholarship
- Jarrod Uthoff ‘not sure' if Wisconsin will relent on scholarship restrictions
- Iowa's 'Bubble' to be Deflated
- Hawkeyes find another Cass Tech recruit
- Davis, Gamble reunited at Central Michigan
- BTN to air Hawkeye spring practice
- Hawks in the NFL: Broderick Binns Draft Profile
- Draft analysts differ on B1G defenders
- Ricky Stanzi's new house?
- Football Odds to win the Big Ten, Iowa +1400 (beyondthebets.com)
- Big Ten running back rankings
- Iowa softball slips up in seventh inning, falls to Iowa State
- ESPN's Kiper: Reiff is a guy that gets after you
- Bradley Home Runs Down Hawkeyes