Kinnick Stadium Card Stunt during National Anthem of Northwestern Game 10/15/11 (via Jeff Aronson)
IT'S A BIG DAY IN AMERICA. (Remember, no politics.) Our Hawkeye football team will honor U.S. troops and veterans this Saturday with special uniforms. Our relationship with Hawkeye Football may be falling on hard times but dammit, together, we love our country. For a refresher, here's some pics of the prototypes for Iowa's uniforms and helmet planned for Saturday.
GAME NOTES. Kickoff is set for 11:01 am (CST) at Kinnick Stadium in Iowa City. The Big Ten Network will broadcast the game. Josh Lewin, Chris Martin and J Leman will have the call. Fans are asked to wear black to "blackout" the stadium. This isn't a funeral, or so I'm told.
WE HAVE THE TWO-DEEPS. No big changes from last week. Mark Weisman is not listed and his groin injury could prevent him from playing Saturday. If he does return this season he will never be 100%. Nico Law is now listed as the starter at strong safety. Brad Rogers could make it back this week but Jonathan Gimm is listed as the starter.
MIKE MEYER, GROZA SEMIFINALIST. The list for the Groza Award, given to the nation's top kicker, was trimmed to 20. Iowa's Mike Meyer is still on the list. Meyer is 15 of 18 kicking field goals this season. He also holds Iowa's record for most consecutive PAT's with 75 and counting.
SOMEBODY WILL GET A WIN. Marc Morehouse writes that between Iowa and Purdue there's an eight-game losing streak. After once being considered a dark horse for the Leaders Division, Purdue has lost five Big Ten games in-a-row. Both teams have had injuries. Purdue's quarterback Robert Marve will play with only one good ACL. Iowa hasn't lost to Pudue at home since 1992. A loss in Iowa City could mean the end of the Hope era at Purdue.
DON'T GIVE UP ON FERENTZ. Writes Scout.com's Bart Doan. His reasoning: change isn't always a good thing. He compares football coaches to relationships between men and women. It's an interesting take but not really.
- 2012-13 Big Ten men's basketball TV schedule: Nov. 5-11
- Big Ten Week 11 preview
- Kickoff times, TV plans for Nov. 17 games
- Big Ten rooting interests: Week 11
- Big Ten power rankings: Week 11
- UI Announces Parking Plan for Friday Night
- Single Meet Wrestling Tickets Now Available
- Start Times Announced for Wrestle-offs
- How Ugly Can This Get?
- Hawk shows off 'spectacular' gains in exhibition rout
- BTN's the Journey has a story on Anthony Hitchens Wednesday night
- Watch ‘On Iowa Live' with former Hawkeye QB Randy Reiners
- Hawkeyes in the NFL: Week 9 Recap
- Matt Tobin another walk-on success story
- Jennings excited to play for Iowa