FUCK. Hawkeye head football coach Kirk Ferentz let an "F" bomb fly at his weekly press conference yesterday. The slip occurred during the "on the side" portion of his weekly meeting with the media.
Note: No F bombs here | Michigan pregame -- Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz Part 5 (via Marc Morehouse)
Ferentz was asked about the Iowa City Press Citizen's report on Academic Advisor Peter Gray's dismissal. The question, from AP writer Luke Meredith, began with an "it's out there" opener. Ferentz, asking for specifics, let the "fuck" fly and then immediately apologized.
THERE WAS REAL NEWS IN THE PRESS CONFERENCE. (Here's the transcript). Iowa may again be without Mark Weisman and Brad Rogers. Weisman is "day to day" according to Ferentz. Brad Rogers may be able to play special teams. For more news and notes, I'll summarize bullet style:
- Iowa has to be ready for both Michigan quarterbacks
- Ferentz would have liked a "few more yards" before trying a field goal last week against Purdue
- Ferentz gave a long version of the old "one game at a time"
- Ferentz isn't letting injuries be an excuse
- Conor Boffeli is their best choice at guard, right now
- Joe Gaglione is getting better (he had the flu or something)
- Ferentz mentioned execution and even added "I know this gets old for everybody"
- Ferentz talked about his philosophy and the change in college football offenses
LISA BLUDER'S WOMEN'S BASKETBALL TEAM PLAYS TONIGHT. Middle Tennessee State comes to Carver-Hawkeye for a quarterfinal round game of the WNIT. The game is set to tip-off at 7:00 pm (CST). The winner plays Georgetown or North Carolina Sunday afternoon for the WNIT preseason championship.
WRASSLIN'. Wrestling Insider Magazine released their first rankings. Iowa is ranked third as a tournament team and fourth as a dual team. Matt McDonough and Derek St. John earned #1 rankings in their weight class. Here's video of head coach Tom Brands talking about wrestle-offs and Iowa's opener Friday, versus UT-Chattanooga.
IOWA MEN'S BASKETBALL RETURNS TO THE COURT TOMORROW NIGHT. Iowa takes on Howard. It's actually a whole team of players and not one guy. Tip-off is set for 7:07 PM (CST) at Carver-Hawkeye. Students can attend this game for free. Families also have an economical option with the "family four pack." The game will be televised for Medicacom subscribers on MC22. For non-Mediacom people it's available for a fee on Hawkeye all-access and BTN video on demand.
- The Quickest Slant
- Big Ten Network tries to save cash with off-site announcers
- FERENTZ FRUSTRATED: Ferentz Prepares Iowa For Michigan
- Dangerous & Versatile
- Searching for Solutions
- Ferentz flares up
- 11/13/2012: Iowa football notebook
- Michigan DE gets one year probation for home invasion
- Iowa's Ferentz keeps focus squarely on Michigan
- Iowa Notebook: Martin-Manley's Big House sneak-in
- Iowa assistant Andrew Francis talks about next step in basketball recruiting
- Turnovers not turning into Iowa wins
- Basabe, May make mark off bench