Iowa Football - 2012 Mid-Season Highlights (via GoHawksTV)
THE HAWKS KICKOFF THE WEEKEND TONIGHT WITH THE BLACK AND GOLD BLOWOUT. Go meet the members of the 2012-'13 men and women's basketball teams in Carver-Hawkeye Arena. Fran McCaffery, along with his wife Margaret, already held a tip-off party Wednesday night. McCaffery talked a little bit about the season's first practices and disclosed that Devyn Marble has pneumonia and could miss tonight's event.
The Hawkeye women kicked off their season wtih media day on Wednesday. Tonight fans can welcome back Jamie Printy to the squad. They'll also get the see on of the best centers in the Big Ten in Morgan Johnson. If you can't attend the Blowout you can still watch online via digital stream ($ on BTN.com).
FERENTZ HAD SOME UPDATES ABOUT HIS FOOTBALL TEAM ON HIS CALL-IN SHOW. He said Mark Weisman has been practicing but he is still "unlikely" this week. He added that they expect to red shirt all of the true freshmen on both the offensive and defensive lines.
ROBERT GALLERY WILL BE HONORARY CAPTAIN. The former Hawkeye and Outland Trophy winner will get a chance to deliver his message to the team Saturday. He will join former Hawkeyes Brad Banks, Casey Weigmann, Jared DeVries and Tim Dwight Saturday afternoon signing autographs for fans at the ANF Game Day tent. Gallery will be introduced to the crowd prior to kickoff.
THERE'S PREDICTIONS. We'll start with Marc Morehouse again, even though he had Michigan State over Iowa. Mas Casa gives Iowa a nod in his advantages. He predicts the Hawks win 23-14. ESPN Big Ten bloggers Adam Rittenberg and Brian Bennett are split on the game. Rittenberg takes Penn State, Bennett the Hawks. Big Ten Network bloggers Tom Dienhart and Brent Yarnia both take Penn State. Finally, at Penn State blog Victory Bell Rings are the most laughable predictions. It's not that their roundtable all selected their favorite team, it's the scores they predicted. I mean Tim Tolley picked Penn State 31, Iowa 6.
WHILE WE ARE AT THE BLOG VICTORY BELL RINGS. Mr. 31 to 6 is bringing the hate. Tolley bashes Iowa, the state in general, Hayden Fry and Iowa fans. He also relives some great memories, at least for Hawkeye fans everywhere.
THERE'S THE BLACK SHOE DIARIES PREVIEW. Apparently Penn State has a new NASCAR offense. It's an NFL offense, writes ESPN's Adam Rittenberg. BSD's Mike Pettigano predicts a 31-15 Penn State victory.
HOW DOES IOWA SLOW OR STOP THIS NFL STYLE NASCAR OFFENSE? Phil Parker spoke to Hawkeye Sports yesterday about this very thing. Coach Parker says Matt McGloin has improved from last year. He thinks that the Iowa defense will rely on technique and spent some extra time in the film room this week. Greg Davis also talked to Hawkeye Sports and he discussed Iowa taking care of the ball and limiting turnovers. He added that he thinks Greg Garmon will be fine and has had a good week of preparation.
AND A LOT OF OTHER LINKS (THIS MIGHT BE A RECORD):
- ‘Sapp' and Gesell vie for point guard minutes at Iowa
- 10/18/2012: Talkin' Hawks podcast (Iowa vs. Penn State)
- Notes from HawkeyeReport.com
- Domestic assault charge dropped against former UI wrestler Montell Marion
- Iowa to celebrate Dan Gable Day
- ‘Just kind of life and you continue to go on'
- All-Session Tickets For B1G Tournament on Sale Saturday
- On Tuesday night, Iowa's Mike Meyer became the national-leader in field goals per game
- Iowa v. Penn State: Special Teams Matter
- ‘On Iowa Live' with former Hawkeye Matt Kroul
- Iowa's Dominic Alvis another small-town workhorse
- Hawkeyes' White confident he'll avoid sophomore slump
- Three and Out
- Meyer Named Midseason All-America
- Iowa's Kinnick Stadium challenging place for PSU
- Land-Grant Holy Land picks Iowa hoops 5th
- Yet Another On Iowa Podcast
- PSU Practice Observations: Iowa Week
- Parking Information For Black & Gold Blowout
- Penn State trying to prove it's still ‘special'
- Blood over colors
- 4 Keys: Penn State's road to triumph against Iowa in Iowa City
- Penn State revs up offense in 'NASCAR' mode
- Volleyball: NU volleyball tramples Iowa
- Women's soccer beats Iowa, 2-1, in overtime battle
- PSU football notebook: Lions expecting to use Belton more
- Penn State aiming to make noise in Iowa for a change
- Iowa defensive line starting to come together
- Plenty of running backs, but who will emerge in Penn State-Iowa game?
- Is this another ill-timed Iowa City trip for Penn State?