For twenty minutes the media was allowed into Iowa Football's Insight.com Bowl practices yesterday. Here is a recap of some tweets by Marc Morehouse and the DI's Jordan Garretson:
- Walk-on quarterback Kyle Anderson is playing the part of Landry Jones
- Shaun Prater will play Friday
- Mike Daniels thinks LeVar Woods is doing a "great job"
- The team has had issues with cramps
- Nolan MacMillan was practicing
- De'Andre Johnson has lost the red jersey
- Canzeri and Bullock looked to be splitting reps with the ones
- Brad Herman wasn't practicing
I'm as loyal a guy as there ever was," Considine said. "And I think I get that from coach Ferentz. Just look at how he's treated those guys since they've been here and the loyalty that you see in this program. I'm loyal to coach Parker. He taught me the game of football.
I've never played against Oklahoma before. As a kid I've always admired Oklahoma; I've always thought Bob Stoops was a classy guy. We're going to play a great team with a great coach -- it's fun. It's a challenge, but I've always admired Oklahoma football.
Hoops. Tonight, the Hawkeye men's basketball team will open up Big Ten conference play with Purdue. Iowa has won three games in a row and defeated Purdue in the regular season finale last year. Devyn Marble is listed as the starting point guard, Zach McCabe still at center.
It's show-time. No more cupcakes. The Hawkeyes will face Purdue followed by Wisconsin, Minnesota, Ohio State, Michigan State and Michigan. All over the next two weeks. For Iowa to finish the season at .500 they will have to finish 8-10 in Big Ten play.
Other links of interest:
- Brands discusses Midlands
- Iowa vs. Purdue: Behind the numbers
- Indy Star's Iowa vs. Purdue breakdown
- Purdue seeks redemption
- Marshall Yanda, Pro Bowler
- Pat Angerer, Pro Bowl snub
- The case for LeVar Woods
- Ferentz, Stoops, are a dying breed
- Doing the Prater thing
- Tuesday practice pics
- St. John will rest over midlands
- Ferentz says "never surrender"
- Devyn Marble's evolving game
- LOL at LaMichael James
- Hawkeyes prepared for OU's "Belldozer"
- The SEC finally released next year's football schedule
That's it. Short and sweet. Lot's of bullets, so many bullets. I''ll update the comment section if anything emerges over the next 24 hours. After that it's off to Phoenix. Have a Happy New Year and let's go Hawks!