1997 (yeah, the sound isn't quite in sync)
- Ah, 1997 Iowa. So much talent, so much inconsistency.
- (0:38) EXOTIC!
- (0:54) Iowa just ran a straight option play with Randy Reiners. No, seriously.
- (1:20) Your periodic reminder that Tavian Banks was very good at football.
- (1:40) Hayden goes for it on 4th and 4 from the Purdue 43. I love it -- the Iowa offense was rolling at that point, so why not go for the kill-shot? (The color commentator, predictably, does not agree.)
- (2:00) That's a pretty funky formation.
- (2:16) Timmy effing Dwight. Iowa had run a variation on this play earlier where Dwight threw the ball, so having him keep the ball and run with it (never a bad idea, given his speed and shiftiness) was a lovely twist.
- (2:47) One, Jared DeVries was very good. Two, oh, espn2 and your love of lower-case font.
- (0:45) Oh, good special teams. How I miss you so.
- (1:45) Rinse, repeat.
- (2:15) Dallas Clark. 95 yards. Unbelievable.
- (3:53) Dallas Clark. Again.
- (4:50) The greatest moment of Adolphus Shelton's Iowa career.
- Seriously, that Iowa won this game made no logical sense then and barely makes logical sense now. Utter insanity.
And if you just want to watch Shonn Greene wreck fools: