- They "turned the page" on the NIU loss on Sunday
- Saw some progress from last year on both sides of the ball
- It's tough to win with three turnovers
- You have to learn how to win
- Tempo will be evaluated week by week
- A couple of times the referees slowed them down
- Nate Meier's career as a DE got a positive start
- The plan is still to play LeShun
- A couple other true freshmen may play and that will be determined in a few weeks
- The defense dictates where the ball goes, TEs will get more action going forward
- They will try to expand Damond Powell's role
#qctimes Running back Michael Malloy is a couple weeks away from playing because of a medical situation. DB Maurice Fleming is questionable— Steve Batterson (@sbatt79) September 3, 2013
THERE'S PLAYER VIDEO TOO Marc Morehouse has video of Jordan Lomax, Jordan Walsh, James Morris, B.J. Lowery, Carl Davis, Damon Bullock and Jake Rudock. Lomax says things in the secondary are fixable. Walsh talked about being nervous. Lowery talked about cramps. And finally, Rudock talks read option and the final INT.
RUDOCK TALKS ZONE READ. We talked about it here a little yesterday. Rudock was asked about not keeping the ball and rushing himself. He said, ""It still keeps the defense honest. It freezes certain guys. It makes the secondary guys, when they're looking in, have a slight stutter. That could be the difference between [Mark] Weisman or Bullock breaking free."
Former Iowa RB Mika'il McCall has been dismissed by Southern Illinois.— CollegeFootballTalk (@CFTalk) September 3, 2013
TYLER ULIS. He visited Iowa over the weekend and will visit Michigan State and Kentucky in the next couple of weeks. He talked to the Courier-Journal about his Iowa visit and trip to Kentucky. He holds offers from all three schools and eliminated USC which was previously in his top four. Kentucky is going to be tough to beat for Fran and staff. Ulis' father says a verbal commitment could come as early as September 14th.
OTHER HOOPS RECRUITING.
Iowa coach Fran McCaffery just offered a scholarship to Sussex Hamilton senior Brady Ellingson.— Mark Miller (@WisBBYearbook) September 2, 2013
- Podcast: ‘On Iowa' breaks down NIU loss
- Football Ticket Update
- Newborg puts Iowa on the board in '15
- Rudock moves on after interception
- Ferentz: Hawkeyes need to learn how to win
- Rudock's review
- 9/3/2013: Iowa football notebook
- The First Game is a Faster Game
- Photos: Iowa Hawkeyes Wall of Honor Ceremony
- Two-headed running attack shines in loss to NIU
- 2013 Big Ten football TV schedule: Week Two
- Allen hanging in at Missouri State
- Looking at Iowa's 3rd downs after halftime
- The Quickest Slant - Ferentz transcript, video
- Focus is on the World