THERE'S NOT A TON OF EXCITING IOWA NEWS FROM YESTERDAY. Ferentz only spoke eight of his allotted fifteen minutes. Still, we learned James Morris and Jordan Lomax are doing fine after appendicitis. We learned that the University stands behind graduate assistant DJ Hernandez. And we learned, not from Ferentz, that Iowa's roster is down one scholarship wide receiver.
FERENTZ WAS ASKED ABOUT BEING NAMED ONE OF THE NATION'S WORST COACHES.
Ferentz Responds to SI Snub (via Robert Howe)
THERE'S PLENTY OF PHOTOS FROM YESTERDAY. Over at Hawkeye Sports you can scroll through their photo gallery.
THERE'S VIDEO OF PLAYER INTERVIEWS.
B1G Football Media Days July 24, 2013 (via Iowa Hawkeyes)
AND THERE'S FERENTZ AGAIN ON AN XM/SIRIUS INTERVIEW.
Coach Ferentz does interviews with SiriusXM and ESPN.com (via Iowa Hawkeyes)
WILL SIX WINS BE SOMETHING TO GET EXCITED ABOUT? Former Hawkeye quarterback Chuck Long says six wins would make for a "great year." Long added,
"I think it would be a great coaching year for them, based on the youth they have coming back, a new quarterback, they've had some attrition and the depth is probably not all the way there yet. I think a six-win season would be very, very big for that program and they could launch off of that."
THE RUNNING BACK POSITION HAS BEEN HEXED. Tom Dinehart didn't call out AIRBHG by name but did discuss Iowa's woes with the position. Dinehart believes stability in Iowa's backfield is the key to the season. Personally, I think it's quarterback play but we'll see.
2015 PF Mario Manuel of Iowa Elite is hearing from Iowa, Drake, Oklahoma, Xavier, Northern Arizona, and Ohio, according to his AAU coach.— Future150.com (@Future150) July 24, 2013
A COUPLE THINGS FROM THIS MORNING'S SESSION.
Tom Kakert @HawkeyeReport
Ferentz says no special jerseys or pro combat uniforms in the works this year.
Sounds From B1G Football Media Days (July 25) (via Iowa Hawkeyes)
WE WON'T BE LIVE BLOGGIN'. The second day in Chicago is usually not as exciting as the first so we won't update this post as we did yesterday (unless there's something big, then we may update this post). Still, when something comes out we'll probably chat about it in the comments section.
- This is a Hawkeye State, no Clones
- Hawkeyes Ready to Rebound in 2013
- Hawkeyes welcome to the 2013 season
- No. 35 - WR Jacob Hillyer
- No. 36 - LB Quinton Alston
- Anthony Hitchens, LB, Iowa Hawkeyes: 2014 NFL Draft Player Profile
- No. 33 - RB Michael Malloy
- Illinois QB disheartened he won't face his father's Hawkeyes
- Former Hawkeye Nate Kaeding Rides RAGBRAI for First Time
- Keenan Davis cut by the Browns
- Is this Ricky Stanzi's last go as a Chiefs quarterback?
- Moeaki needs to show Chiefs he's healthy and can still produce
- Disterhoft's team crowned GTL champions
- Jordan Bernstine waived by the Redskins