Some fun facts I've discovered in the past week for any number of random reasons:
1) The coach of the Belize national mens soccer team is not a full-time position, it's actually manned by Ian Andrew Mork, an American coaching several teams in Sonoma County, CA and president at Norcal Premier Soccer. So he is MORK from nORCal.
2) Carly Rae Jepsen is older than Adele
3) Between the time it was discovered as a planet and then declassified as one, Pluto did not even make one full revolution of the sun
4) There are two obsolete "standard" measurements that use the Sumerian Base 60, and both are probably going to last a long time because the alternatives are cumbersome and rarely used: Time (60secs/60mins/12hrs as opposed to a host of confusing alternatives) and measuring a circle (360 degrees as opposed to 2π radians)
5) When the Oakland Raiders last made the NFL playoffs (2002), Ladainian Tomlinson was in his second year in the NFL. Since that time, LT has one NFL MVP, Six All-pro nods, 5 Pro Bowl trips, set a single season record for most touchdowns in a season, rushed for over 10,000 yards from scrimmage total, and has playoff career totals of 461 yards/6 TDs rushing and 176 yards/1 TD receiving in six years of postseason play. There are no Raiders on their roster with a single recorded yard or TD in the playoffs for Oakland, as the only player with playoff games played as a Raider is Sebastian Janikowski, which again was 11 years ago.
Happy Hamsterdam, all!