ABOUT THAT BASKETBALL SCHEDULING. Olivecourt put together a nice fanpost on how to fix Iowa's strength of schedule problem. There may be an even easier fix, schedule games against D-III teams. Per this piece by Jason Lisk, Mountain West teams got an RPI boost because it doesn't factor games against non-D-I teams. Hmm, how about Iowa takes on Simpson next year instead of Howard?
SPEAKING OF DIVISION THREE. Iowa football could eventually play D-III teams in the future. The entire Big Ten might be D-III someday! That is if Jim Delany's crazy vision of the future of the Big Ten comes true. It depends on if the plaintiffs win the Ed O'Bannon vs. the NCAA case. Delany says there's a possibility of a de-emphasis of athletics if the players get a share of the conference's TV money. Posture Big Jim, posture.
IOWA'S OPENING ROUND GAME WITH INDIANA STATE IS A HOT TICKET. Iowa opened ticket sales for their first round game with Indiana State yesterday. In about 4.5 hours Iowa sold 10,000 tickets for the game. Last year, Iowa hosted Dayton and sold 13,190 tickets. The game tips Wednesday at 6:00 PM CDT.
INDIANA STATE BRINGS A FORMER IOWA COACH TO CARVER. Greg Lansing, head coach of the Sycamores, once served as an assistant under Steve Alford at Iowa. Scott Dochterman writes that Lansing has "mixed emotions" about returning to Carver-Hawkeye. Lansing said,
"You look back at seven of the best years of my life. It wasn't my choice to leave. We loved Iowa City. I've always been a Hawkeye fan. So getting to be a part of that family was a dream come true and a time that I'm very thankful for and I'll never forget."
- WBB: Hawkeyes draw Miami as first-round NCAA foe
- Podcast: ‘On Iowa' talks NIT, spring football
- Men's Hoops Hosts Indiana State on Wednesday
- Hawkeyes can use NIT to toughen up on road
- KF Manifest Destiny, Iowa City: The Long Overdue Recap
- 2012-13 Big Ten men's basketball TV schedule: NCAA/NIT/CBI (March 20-22)
- Hlas: Even NIT doesn't give Hawkeyes a break
- NIT First Round Ticket Information
- Baseball: Big Inning Dooms Hawkeyes
- Softball: Hawkeyes Win at No. 11 Louisville, 6-2
- Best Game of the 2012 Football Season? At Iowa, of course
- Tennis: Hawkeyes top Big Green, 5-2