We shall soon see where Iowa Basketball lands in the rankings this week, personally I suspect it will be about 20 after a good weekend in the Bahamas but a tough loss in the championship game. And the football team is now ostensibly #29/30 (USA Today/AP, respectively). All good and important things to the Iowa and BHGP fanbase.
But Hamsterdam also ranks many things not related to Iowa Sprots. The greatest firestorms of hate* in Hamsterdam to date have revolved around rankings, and especially of foods. The Halloween Candy rankings were a huge hit, but we have never definitively ranked a very important subject. This subject has been brought up many, many times, but nary a definitive Hamsterdam power poll has been created. It is time. It is time to rank pizza toppings.
So everybody gets 5 votes, rank them in order of your personal favorites. I will then compile these very important rankings for the world's definitive ranking of best pizza toppings, sponsored by BHGP's Hamsterdam.
A couple quick notes/rules:
1) We're ranking individual toppings here, don't say "the works" or "Hawaiian pizza"
2) It helps my compiling greatly if you denote your rankings in order, one time, and definitively
3) We can assume standard pizza ingredients to not be toppings: bread crust, some sort of tomato souce, mozzarella cheese. No need to rank those. If you like a particular cheese or sauce so much better, feel free to rank those
4) I don't want to tell you how to vote, but throwing your vote away with a theoretical or strange pizza topping (WTF is a ham ball?) does not make you unique or special, it only alienates you from friends
5) Ridicule of another person's pizza topping choices is dumb and unfair, as everybody has their own tastes. So no ridicule. Unless some fucking asshole puts pepperoni as #1. Seriously, are we at your first grade birthday party you undeveloped-palate-having-weirdo?
Ok, rules set. Let's do this thing. GET IT ON.
*It's usually all in good hyperbolic/sarcastic fun, but Mexican't hating cheese is legitimately infuriating.