FERENTZ TALKS ABOUT THE LOSS. Mike Hlas has the post game video.
Kirk Ferentz after Iowa loss to Wisconsin (via Samuel Louwagie)
LET'S GET RECAP-Y. Iowa's defense played well enough to win but ultimately is was Iowa's offense missing early opportunities and stalling out that led to the loss. Jake Rudock, Mark Weisman and Jordan Walsh would leave the game to injury leaving Iowa with C.J. Beathard and Jordan Canzeri running the show. Canzeri would break off a nice rush but Iowa couldn't move the ball much beyond that and Wisconsin wins 28-9. Kirk Ferentz said Sunday night that all Rudock, Weisman and Walsh should be able to practice this week.
SAD STATS. Iowa's offense continues to slide in offensive statistical categorizes. Iowa averages 380 yards per game which ranks the Hawks 80th in the nation. The rushing offense is ranked 54th, passing offense 90th. Iowa's scoring offense ranks 80th, passing efficiency 87th and red zone offense 106th. The defense is still holding their own. The Hawkeye D ranks 13th nationally. They 12th in the nation in total passing yards against and 33rd in rushing yards against.
BOWL PREDICTIONS? If the Hawkeyes beat Purdue Saturday they'll reach six wins and be bowl eligible. CBS Sports predicts the Hawkeyes will play in the Texas Bowl against Kansas State. SB Nation believes Iowa might head to Phoenix for the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl against Texas Tech. Iowa opened as a 14 point favorite over the Boilers. The line has since moved to Iowa -16.
HOOPS GETS UNDERWAY. Both Iowa men's and women's basketball teams got things going in Carver-Hawkeye Arena yesterday with exhibition games. The Hawkeye ladies beat Concordia-St. Paul 92-68. Fran McCaffery's team beat Augustana 87-65. Hawkeye Drive has video of Fran McCaffery talking about his team's win.
Iowa 87, AC 65 Fran McCaffery 11/3/2013 HawkeyeDrive.com (via Brendan Stiles)
- Ramos Tops Carter in Overtime
- Illinois Tops Iowa Volleyball
- ESPN Video: Wisconsin 28, Iowa 9
- Iowa-Wisconsin chart
- Football: ESPN Championship Drive Ratings - 2013
- Stat Pak: Red poms and compromised Weisman
- New rules good for Iowa basketball
- Good week for Iowa to play Purdue
- BTN's B1G Football power rankings
- Iowa offense better, but not electric
- Canzeri, Beathard called into action for Hawkeyes
- Column: Hawkeyes and their fans saw red
- Analysts see Iowa's Devyn Marble taking next step
- Wisconsin-Iowa is back, and that's great news
- First timers struggle in Iowa exhibition
- Victory over Boilermakers almost a must for Iowa's bowl hopes
- Anthony Clemmons sits out Iowa's exhibition victory with ankle injury
- Podcast: ‘On Iowa' with football, hoops audio