- The team didn't execute against jNW enough last year
- At times, execution was good at Ohio State
- Ferentz doesn't think they have a problem finishing
- A couple of sustained offensive drives against OSU could have made the difference
- Mark Weisman is good to go
- Three tight end sets will stay in the repertoire
- Three tight end sets give the opponent another thing to prepare for
- Jake Duzey is improving on a weekly basis
- Jake Rudock and LeShun Daniels learn from their mistakes
- Dominic Alvis is out this week and they'll revisit his back injury next week
- They'll see who stands out at DE this week during practice, may rotate
- Cole Croston listed ahead of Ryan Ward at second team tackle may have been an oversight
- Ferentz would like to see Nate Meier play more
- False step in the secondary led to the OSU 58-yard TD
- Dancing around the question, Ferentz agreed with the call on the Roby ejection
THE PLAYERS SPOKE TOO. Marc Morehouse has player video on his On Iowa Blog. He talks to Tanner Miller, Jake Duzey, James Morris, Mark Weisman, Carl Davis, Christian Kirksey and Jake Rudock. The topics: the OSU and jNW game, of course.
KAIN COLTER SHOULD PLAY. He practiced with the team yesterday. He told Scott Dochterman "I feel good," but wouldn't get a percentage on his ankle health. He did admit he's still not 100%.
MONDAY, WE LOOKED AT SOME STATS. If you recall, we noted that Jake Rudock's total touchdown numbers are ranked in the top 50 of the NCAA but his passing efficiency is in the 70's. We also noted those fourth quarter interceptions hurt those numbers but didn't dig too far into the fourth quarter stats. The Daily Iowan did and they're not pretty.
SHAUN PRATER FOUND ANOTHER HOME.
MEET THIS WEEK'S KID CAPTAIN.
WISCONSIN KICKOFF TIME SET.
Wisconsin is an 11 a.m. kick off at Kinnick Stadium. ABC/ESPN/ESPN2. That leaves Purdue and Michigan w/out times for Iowa yet this year.— marcmorehouse (@marcmorehouse) October 21, 2013
JON ROTHSTEIN IS CLEARLY A FRAN OF FRAN. From NIT to NCAA? That's the plan, or hope at least. The Hawkeyes weren't ranked in the USA Today Top 25 but they're still getting plenty of love.
- Every BCS Top 15 team is allowing fewer than 23 points per game
- Suddenly, Iowa tight ends are a thing again
- Iowa QB Visits U, Has Interest from Gophers, Hawkeyes, Cyclones and Others
- 10/22/2013: Iowa football notebook
- Hawkeyes still searching for the finish line
- Hawkeyes' Uthoff eager to get back on court
- 'We know we have to play better against those guys
- Top tight ends, Connor Cook & more
- The Quickest Slant: Shiitake!!!
- Wildcats' execution frustrates Northwestern coach
- Podcast: ‘On Iowa' breaks down OSU loss
- Wildcats in legitimate nosedive
- Bowl projections: Still selecting the old-school way
- Iowa football has been one half away from perfection